I have just arrived at my hotel in Russell Square. Before I head off to play flag football with all of Adam's friends I wanted to update all of you. Make the jump for a few notes and some pictures. More to come later. It will get better, I promise.
- Anything and everything was a delay getting here. The flight was delayed. Our take off was delayed. Even pulling up to the gate we were delayed.
- Continental gives you these cool touch screen televisions on the back of the chairs in front of you. They have tons of movies, TV shows and even video games. Thumbs up for that!
- No one sat next to me on the flight. Score!
- I chatted with a Browns fan while boarding the plane. He had heard about Deuce. I had to set him straight though and remind him he didn't test positive for steroids, just a masking agent. He claimed that the Browns were the best fans in the NFL. He was telling this to me, a Saints fan about to head to London to see his team play.
- The in-flight meal was Chicken Cacciatore that smelled delicious. The taste...not so much.
- Even the escalators go in the reverse direction.
- Here is a deep philosophical question: The people moving runway thingies in airports - are they meant to give you a rest and allow you to continue moving at the same speed you were or are they meant to speed you up further as you continue to walk along?
- I sat across from a young couple from Baton Rouge who were also in town for the game. Told them about CSC. My first run in with other Who Dats didn't take long at all.
- Taking the Tube into London is eerily similar to taking the Long Island Rail Road into Manhattan. The Tube makes NYC's subway system look like a ridiculous mess.
- I moved to New Orleans because when I was 13 I just got a special feelings like I really loved it there and wanted to live there. London gives me that same feeling.
- Everyone talks funny here. I am kidding of course but seriously...everything just sounds more polite in a British accent.
- I haven't slept in 24 hours now. Doesn't look like I will be anytime soon.
Chargers fan on the Tube. He was nice enough.
My Underground stop.
Actual Russell Square. What a beautiful time of year to be in London.