Well its about that time of year. I am gonna throw out my guess at the 53-Man roster the Saints will have at the end of training camp heading into the season. This ought to get everyone riled up on their Monday.
|QB||Drew Brees||Mark Brunell||Tyler Palko|
||Reggie Bush||Aaron Stecker|
|FB||Mike Karney||Kevin Dudley|
|TE||Eric Johnson||Billy Miller||Mark Campbell|
|WR||Marques Colston||David Patten||Robert Meachem||Devery Henderson||Adrian Arrington
|G||Jamar Nesbit||Jahri Evans
|DE||Will Smith||Charles Grant||Bobby McCray||Jeremy Geathers|
|DT||Sedrick Ellis||Brian Young||Hollis Thomas||DeMario Pressley|
|LB||Jonathan Vilma||Scott Fujita||Dan Morgan
||Mark Simoneau||Scott Shanle
|CB||Mike McKenzie||Randall Gay||Jason David||Usama Young
|S||Roman Harper||Josh Bullocks
- Brunell is a safer pick at backup due to experience, but Palko should be impressive.
- Deuce is loose assuming his knees are fine. Otherwise, Pierre is the guy and Deuce takes a limited role. Reggie gets used in various creative ways.
- No changes at fullback and tight end.
- I took Arrington over Terrence Copper and Lance Moore (I like him), though their special teams ability could win them a spot. Arrington will have to contribute on special teams, which is a question mark because Adrian has been noted for avoiding contact and not being a hard worker.
- Goodwin is the new starter at center.
- Carl Nicks earns his spot.
- Jeremy Geathers wins a spot at end.
- Sedrick Ellis starts. Antwan Lake and Kendrick Clancy are gone.
- I'm a little concerned about Dan Morgans health. Simoneau and Shanle could very well still be in the mix.
- Cornerback was tough. I went with six. Jason Craft is the loser, though it could be anyone.
- I only went with four safeties, thinking one of the CB's could fill in.
- Taylor Mehlhaff iimpresses.
- Waylon Prather won't beat out Steve Weatherford, unofficial MVP for the first half of last season.
- Experience carries Kevin Houser at long snapper, an often overlooked yet critical position.
I know you have a problem with something. This is open for discussion so lets hear what you got to say! Really it's way to early to really know whats going to happen, but this is all in good fun.