How many of you guys play Madden? What year? On what platform?
I don't have any gaming consoles so I play Madden 08 on my Macbook Pro.
1. Players progress way to fast. Jason David, in 3 years, became my top corner.
2. It's fun trying to create the same offseason moves in the game. I tried to trade for Vilma and they wanted more than what they got in real life. I did get Shockey though.
3. When you play long enough (18 seasons) you can eventually get your players to become coaches. I obviously got Brees to be the head coach.
4. If you defense is too good (as a group) the inviduals don't get recognized. Because my defense has mutated over the many seasons into a supernatural group, they defend a lot of passes and create pressure situations where opposing offenses can't connect for a lot of passes. What happens is, individual tackle totals go WAY down and highly ranked players end up with only 40-60 tackles for the year, and I can't get any of them on the ProBowl teams.
5. I wish the real Saints defense played like monsters. In the game, my defense is more highly rated than my offense.
Well, just felt like ranting while I wait for the clock to wind down at work. Cheers!