After listening to the talking heads this week, I want Cardenal feathers and all. I have never heard such disrespect of a number-one seed in all my years of watching football. One commentator, who name shall be "skip"ped, called us pretenders and the beneficaries of a weak schedule. I don't like him and now I hate him...forever, I just wish he'd be "less" visible. So now I will gavanize my early predictions:
So, I’ll answer. The Saints had several key injuries in areas were they couldn’t afford to have them. Additionally, I think that the Saints played more conservatively, not wanted to expose some things to film, leaving some new stuff to use in the playoffs. So in answer to your question, I think the Saints will kick butt in the playoffs and play the Colts in the Super Bowl. My head says Chargers, but I remember Peyton as a kid and love the Manning family, so my heart says Colts. The two losses before the third loss bother me more than three in a row. We gave the last game away. Had we been able to, I think Sean Peyton would have forfeited the last game rather risk an injury to some key player. So, there is a spark of fear in the back of my mind, but I remember the key injuries. Besides, I’m a Saints fan, it’s been engrained into our psyche to hope for the best and expect the worse. However, I am going to fight that defeatist thinking and say we are going to have roasted Cardenal for dinner after the game. My three prediction for the game will be:
1. Saints will top 50 points.
2. The Saints will have 3 or more tds of over 40 yards.
3. Bush and Shockey will combine for 20 catches.
Here are three more.
1. The Saints will rush for more than 125 yards.
2. Brees will not be sacked.
3. The defense will knock Warner out of the game.
Here are three more.
1. Leinart will throw at least two interceptions.
2. The Saints will have at least two redzones stops.
3. The Cardenals will have at least four field ATTEMPTS.
I don't wish anything harmful to Kurt Warner, I like him, but he's already had one concussion. I think it's time for another.