Whew! That was way too close for comfort. Thanksgiving 2010 was nearly ruined. Fortunately, the Saints avoided blowing a 17 point lead and a meltdown of epic proportions thanks in large part to an incredibly heads-up strip play by Malcolm Jenkins. The Saints looked great in the first thirty minutes of football but came out flat in the second half, as the Cowboys came back to actually take the lead in the 4th quarter.
Click here for full stats from the game. Here are Some of my quick thoughts:
- Malcolm Jenkins: I love you. That is all.
- The only person who could possibly be happier about the Saints pulling this win out would have to be Reggie Bush. He looked very rusty and his mistakes nearly cost the Saints this game.
- The Saints were able to take an early lead thanks to the big play ability of wide receiver Devery Henderson. Ironic considering we were just discussing why he's been a somewhat non-factor thus far this season. Nice to have you back, Devery.
- Tackling was weak all night. A few Saints defensive players missed some key tackles on some key plays. Really needs to be cleaned up.
- Too many holding penalties by the offensive line.
- Maybe the long snapper was causing Garrett Hartley's kicking problems all along. Hartley was a perfect 3 for 3 and the Saints really needed him tonight.
- The Saints now have quite a nice little four-game winning streak going for themselves.
You can now relax and continue stuffing your face as you enjoy the remainder of your Thanksgiving holiday.