LEADERBOARD (through Week 16)
1. Breesus Christ Superstar - 269 pts
2. KilnBill - 226 pts
3. Comp - 212 pts
4. MiamiSaints - 194 pts
5. (tie) Cajun in CA - 173 pts
5. (tie) jray2000 - 173 pts
7. (tie) alcoholic_insight - 147 pts
7. (tie) sXe hXc AMF - 147 pts
9. carolinasaintsfan - 139 pts
10. bondcrash - 129 pts
11. cscmember - 127 pts
12. coldpizza - 108 pts
13. metryman - 105 pts
14. Dan39465 - 104 pts
15. HB-NOLA - 91 pts
16. JAM13 - 90 pts
17. SaintsFanMD - 87 pts
18. (tie) Joseph William Stern - 86 pts
18. (tie) superbowl bound - 86 pts
20. (tie) Drew-Dat - 57 pts
20. (tie) whodatone - 57 pts
22. mississippisaintsfan - 55 pts
23. Andrew Tessier - 52 pts
24. Dan Kelly - 45 pts
25. (tie) GRIZZ - 39 pts
25. (tie) Jay Preece - 39 pts
27. (tie) AJG - 31 pts
27. (tie) Saintsfan75 - 31 pts
27. (tie) saintsfan77 - 31 pts
30. Ponysaints - 30 pts
31. Grumps - 29 pts
32. BlackandGold4ever - 28 pts
33. jeff.l.b. - 27 pts
34. BRSaintsFan - 25 pts
WEEK 16 RESULTS (24 contestants)
1. (tie) jray2000 (P. Thomas) - 22 pts
1. (tie) MiamiSaints (P. Thomas) - 22 pts
3. (tie) Dan Kelly (J. Graham) - 21 pts
3. (tie) KilnBill (J. Graham) - 21 pts
3. (tie) sXe hXc AMF (J. Graham) - 21 pts
ALL-TIME CONTEST RECORDS
Most weekly contestants - 64; Week 2, 2010 (@49ers)
Highest weekly player point total - 70; T. Porter, Week 7, 2009 (@Dolphins)
Highest weekly contestant point total - 70; HB-NOLA, Week 7, 2009 (@Dolphins)
Highest season contestant point total - 269; Breesus Christ Superstar, 2010
The object of this contest is to correctly predict ONE (1) Saints player that will score in the upcoming game each week.
To make things as challenging as possible, QUARTERBACKS and KICKERS are excluded.
I will keep a running scoring tally from week to week, in a newly-created Fan Post. At the end of Week 17, the contestant with the highest cumulative point total for the regular season will be declared the winner of the contest.
Here's how the scoring works:
1. If the ONE (1) offensive player you predict to score does so, you will receive ONE point for every contestant that picked a player OTHER that the player you picked.
2. If the ONE (1) defensive player you predict to score does so, you will receive TWO points for every contestant that picked a player OTHER that the player you picked.
This should promote diversity in the picks. Remember, you are only submitting ONE (1) Saints player TOTAL each week, NOT one from each side of the ball.
It doesn't matter HOW your player scores, as long as he scores. He can throw an option pass for a TD, kick a PAT (provided he isn't a kicker), et al. If the score occurs on special teams, the scoring player will be awarded points based on his listed roster position. The long snapper and punter are both to be considered offensive positions.
Obviously, if NO Saints player scores on a given week, then NO contestant will receive points that particular week. Conversely, if EVERY contestant picks the SAME player to score on a given week, then NO contestant will receive points, whether that particular player scores or not, as there will be nothing to base the scoring value on.
Each contestant is limited to ONE (1) player entry per week. If you submit more than one player, only the first to be submitted/mentioned will be recognized. Once submitted, you CANNOT change your pick. If you submit the name of a QUARTERBACK or a KICKER, your entry will not be recognized.
Deadline for player entries each week is THIRTY (30) minutes prior to scheduled kickoff.
Finally, I ask that you please keep each Pick 'Em thread free of unnecessary discussion/clutter. We don't need a picture of your player. We don't need commentary on the pick ahead of yours. All we need is your scorer-to-be's first and last name.
I realize this may all sound complicated, but it really isn't. Just name a Saints player who you think will score against the Buccaneers, that isn't a QB or K. If you have any further questions about the contest in general, feel free to briefly ask them in a separate post.
PLEASE REC THIS POST IN ORDER TO KEEP IT ON THE MAIN PAGE THROUGHOUT THE WEEK.