Official NFL Release
A look at seven statistical highlights from games played at 1:00 p.m. ET and 4:00 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 5, the 13th week of the 2010 season.
- New Orleans quarterback DREW BREES passed for 313 yards in the Saints' 34-30 victory at Cincinnati. Since joining New Orleans in 2006, Brees has passed for 21,932 yards, the most passing yards by a quarterback over any five-year span in NFL history. The performance marked his 36th 300-yard passing game since 2006, also the most by a player over any five-year period in league annals.
- Minnesota running back ADRIAN PETERSON rushed for 107 yards and three touchdowns in the Vikings' 38-14 win over Buffalo. Peterson has rushed for 1,123 yards and 11 touchdowns this year and is the fourth player in NFL history to rush for at least 1,000 yards and 10 touchdowns in each of his first four seasons. He joins LA DAINIAN TOMLINSON (eight seasons) and Pro Football Hall of FamersEARL CAMPBELL (four) and ERIC DICKERSON (four) in accomplishing the feat.
- Green Bay quarterback AARON RODGERSpassed for 298 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions in the Packers' 34-16 win over San Francisco.Rodgers has not thrown an interception in a career-high five consecutive games and is the first Green Bay quarterback to not throw an interception in five consecutive starts since Pro Football Hall of FamerBART STARR in 1966.
- Atlanta's ERIC WEEMS had a 102-yard kickoff-return touchdown in the Falcons' 28-24 victory at Tampa Bay. It marked thelongest kickoff-return touchdown in franchise history.The Falcons improved to 10-2, tying the best start in team annals (1998).
- Detroit wide receiver CALVIN JOHNSON had a 46-yard touchdown catch in the Lions' 24-20 loss to Chicago. Johnson, who has 12 touchdowns in 12 games, is the first Lion since Pro Football Hall of Famer BARRY SANDERS in 1991 to record at least 12 touchdowns in the team's first 12 games. He is the first Lion with at least 12 receiving touchdowns in the club's first 12 games since CLOYCE BOX in 1952.
- Kansas City rookie tight endTONY MOEAKI had four receptions in the Chiefs' 10-6 victory over Denver. Moeaki has 36 receptions and passedTONY GONZALEZ (33 in 1997) for the most receptions by a rookie tight end in franchise history. Also in the win against Denver, Chiefs running back JAMAAL CHARLES had 116 rushing yards. Charles averages 6.2 yards per carry (1,137 yards on 182 attempts) this season and aims to join Pro Football Hall of Famer JIM BROWN (291 attempts, 1,863 rushing yards, 6.4 yards per carry in 1963) as the only players in NFL history to have at least 1,100 rushing yards and average 6.2+ yards per carry in a single season.
- Jacksonville running back MAURICE JONES-DREW rushed for 186 yards in the Jaguars' 17-6 win at Tennessee.Jones-Drew, who had 1,391 yards in 2009, has 1,177 rushing yards this year and joins FRED TAYLOR as only players in franchise history to reach 1,000 rushing yards in consecutive seasons.