Yesterday I played a Madden 2011 game on my PS3 trying to simulate what'll happen in today's wildcard game against the Seahawks. My rosters weren't up to date so I tried to do the best I could but still left some people off/on the current roster for today's game (forgot to add Lynch and M Williams to Seattle and left J Graham in the game as well for the Saints). WIth the Saints RB situation I went with Reggie as the RB1, JuJo as the 2nd RB, and D Wynn as the 3rd. But either way it was just for fun and this is how it went down (just the highlights of course):
SAINTS @ SEAHAWKS
5 min Quarters
- Seahawks won the toss and chose to recieve.
- 3 and out on Seahawks first possession.
- On the Saints first drive we ran a reverse with Devery Henderson for 6 yds (and I can see this happening in the real game at some point).
- 1st Quarter ends with a big 20 yd pass to Jeremy Shockey to the 6 yard line.
2nd Quarter: (0-0)
- Reggie Bush runs for a 6 yd TD to the left.
- On Seattle's 2nd possession of the game Hasselbeck threw a long INT to Roman Harper, who returned it for 23 yards.
- Another big reception by Shockey for 38 yds sets up a 10 yd TD to Colston.
- Another 3 and out by Seattle
- Drew Brees passes to Bush for 29 yds with 30 seconds left in the half. T/O
- Brees throws 2 incomplete passes, then on 3rd down throws to the right to Jimmy Graham for the score.
Halftime: My halftime show was watching some of the LSU game.
3rd Quarter: (21-0)
- Graham starts the second half almost like he ended the first, 24 yd reception to the right.
- Bush has a big run for 19 yds. (the Saints already begin to run down the clock).
- Another big one for Bush, this time for a TD, 25 yds.
- Scott Shanle gets a big sack.
4th Quarter: (28-0)
- Julius Jones gets in the action in the 4th Quarter with an 8 yd run.
- Brees passes to Henderson for a 10 yd TD.
Final: 42-0 SAINTS WIN!
Player of the Game: Reggie Bush, 14 rushes for 150 yds and 2 TDs, 2 Recs for 35 yds
Total 387 49
Rush 169 30
Pass 218 19
1st D 16 2
3rd D 6-6 0-5
Top Saints Stats:
Brees: 15/21 (71%), 228 Yds, 3 TDs, 10.8 Yd Avg, 146.4 QB Rating
Bush: 14 for 150, 10.7 Avg, 2 TDs, 2 recs for 35 yds
Colston: 4 recs 55 yds, 1 TD
Henderson: 2 recs 26 yds, 1 TD
Graham: 2 recs 26 yds, 1 TD
Vilma: 1 INT
Harper: 1 INT
Hartley: 6/6 PATS
And just FYI:
3/13 (23%) for 27 yds, 2 INTS, 0.0 QB Rating
Of course this really isn't accurate, it's all for fun so don't take it to seriously. I didn't get all the injury's and new players to the teams all right but hey, we came out on top right? Let's hope we have a similar dominating performance today!