Some of you may recall my season predictions
I say we go 5-1 within the division, with the only loss coming at Tampa. We embarrass Atlanta in the Georgia Dome. Drew throws for a mediocre 4200 yards with 35 TD’s and 12 INT’s. Our backfield combination, however it plays out, will gain 2500 yards on the ground, with a combined 25 TD’s and 7 fumbles lost. Colston will lead the team in receiving, with 1200 yards and 11 TD’s. With Franklin in front of him, Vilma leads the team in tackles with 140 combined. Will Smith gets back to 09 numbers, and he finishes with 12 sacks, even while missing the first four games. Jenkins gets 9 INT’s, and brings two back to lead our team in both categories. Final record of 15-1, and then we go 3-0 in the playoffs, defeating the Falcons then Packers, finishing with a 24-14 win over the Jets in Indy. Drew Brees wins MVP and OPOY.
Make the jump to see where I stand with my predictions, and which need to be updatedOn track
- 5-1 within the division, only loss @Tampa- Currently 3-1, with home games vs. ATL and CAR in weeks 16 and 17. Probably still fighting for number 2 seed and a bye in the wild-card. Only loss- @Tampa
- Drew Brees(4200 yards, 35 TDs)- Currently has 4031 yards and 30 Touchdowns, on pace for 5375 yards and 40 touchdowns.
- Running game(7 fumbles lost)- Currently at 2, on pace for 3.
- Drew Brees(Offensive Player of the Year)- I don't think even Aaron Rodgers should beat Drew out for this. On pace to break several passing records, including Dan Marino's single-season passing yardage record.
Close, but needs work
- Drew Brees(12 Interceptions)- Currently at 11, on pace for 15. Hasn't thrown an INT in 3 games.
- Running Game(2500 yards)- Currently at 1480. Would need a miracle to happen.
- Marques Colston(1200 yards, 11 TD's)- Currently at 721 yards and 3 TD's. Would need 120 yards and 2 TD's/ game to achieve this.
- Jonathan Vilma(140 tackles)- Currently at 42. A miracle here would be nice too.
- Will Smith(12 sacks)- Currently at 5.5. Needs 2/game.
- Malcolm Jenkins(9 INT's, 2 TD's)- Currently at 0. Malcolm Jenkins has no interceptions or touchdowns this season. Not quite the breakout season we wanted.
- Drew Brees(MVP)- Aaron Rodgers is getting way too much press for Drew Brees to even be a consideration. Should be number 2 though.
- Embarass Atlanta in the Georgia Dome- 3 point overtime win, and a collapse in the 4th quarter.
- 15-1 Record- Losses to GB, TB and STL. Loss @TB was predicted, @STL was shocking, @GB was a dogfight. Still fighting for number 2 seed, and division title, so 13-3 is a possibility.
- If the playoffs started today, we would play ATL in the wild-card round, San Fran in the divisional round, and GB in the NFCCG, while the Jets would likely not make the playoffs. Unless the 49ers lose 2 of their next 4 games, and we win outright, they will get the number 2 seed. We will then probably have to play 4 games, defeating the Lions at home, and San Fran and Green Bay on the road, finishing off with a win overthe New England Patriots in Indy. Drew Brees wins Super Bowl MVP.