To get all the lockout stress out and to prepare us for all the festivities of tonight's 2011 NFL Draft, we're going to bring out the old prediction thread!
Here is how this is going to work: I'm going to post a mock draft that I have come up with after the jump for all of the first round picks. I want as many people as possible to get in on this as well. Go through and post as many picks as possible below in a single comment and try to get as close as possible to the real thing.
Then, after the draft, I'm going to count up all the correct picks and announce a winner! This is all fun and games, so even if you don't know who to pick, just guess. Hell, it's what Al Davis does every year!
So make the jump to see other rules and regulations and my 32 picks. Then give your own picks as well. Have fun!
Other rules and regulations:
- You don't have to list 32 picks. I'm only counting on how many you got right. So if you only list 20, but get 15 right, then you have a score of 15. So don't feel like you have to guess all 32 picks.
- You don't have to give explanations, unless you want to. And if you do, please bold your picks for my scoring ease.
- No trades! We all know that the Patriots are going to trade out of the first round 50 times and gather more future picks. However, it opens too many doors. I'm only counting the actual pick itself and the actual position they're taken. If there is a trade down in real life, but the new team still picks your player, I will still count it. In other words, if you've got Cam Newton getting drafted third overall but it's NOT the Bills (currently the 3rd overall team) who take him, you still get the points.
- If you have any questions, put them in the subject line so I can see them and not in the body of the comment where I may skip over it.
- Participate. I don't care if you've never made a comment on CSC, join in with your picks! The purpose of this post is for people to just have fun so you don't have to be serious unless you want to. As well, if you aren't even a Saints fan you can get in too!
- A tie-breaker will be determined by whomever gets the most positions right. And by that I mean, If Jeff.l.b said the Patriots would pick Tyron Smith, but the Patriots actually picked Gabe Carimi, then Jeff would get a tiebreaker over someone who said the Pats would take a OLB.
With the first overall pick, the Panthers choose Cam Newton, QB.
With the second overall pick, the Broncos choose Marcell Dareus, DT.
With the third overall pick, the Bills choose Blaine Gabbert, QB.
With the fourth overall pick, the Bengals choose A.J. Green, WR.
With the fifth overall pick, the Cardinals choose Von Miller, OLB.
With the sixth overall pick, the Browns choose Da'Quan Bowers, DE.
With the seventh overall pick, the 49ers choose Patrick Peterson, CB.
With the eighth overall pick, the Titans choose Nick Fairly, DT.
With the ninth overall pick, the Cowboys choose Tyron Smith, OT
With the tenth overall pick, the Redskins choose Julio Jones, WR.
With the eleventh overall pick, the Texans choose Prince Amukamara,CB.
With the twelfth overall pick, the Vikings choose Robert Quinn, DE.
With the thirteenth overall pick, the Lions choose Anthony Costanzo, OT.
With the fourteenth overall pick, the Rams choose J.J. Watt, DE.
With the fifteenth overall pick, the Dolphins choose Jake Locker, QB.
With the sixteenth overall pick, the Jaguars choose Ryan Kerrigan, DE.
With the seventeenth overall pick, the Patriots choose Aldon Smith, DE/OLB.
With the eighteenth overall pick, the Chargers choose Adrian Clayborn, DE.
With the nineteenth overall pick, the Giants choose Nate Solder, OT.
With the twentieth overall pick, the Buccaneers choose Cameron Jordan, DE.
With the twenty-first overall pick, the Chiefs choose Derrek Sherrod, OT.
With the twenty-second overall pick, the Colts choose Gabe Carimi, OT.
With the twenty-third overall pick, the Eagles choose Mike Pouncey, G.
With the twenty-fourth overall pick, the New Orleans Saints select...Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama.
With the twenty-fifth overall pick, the Seahawks choose Ryan Mallet, QB.
With the twenty-sixth overall pick, the Ravens choose Martez Wilson, OLB.
With the twenty-seventh overall pick, the Falcons choose Justin Houston, DE.
With the twenty eighth overall pick, the Patriots choose Danny Watkins, OG.
With the twenty-ninth overall pick, the Bears choose Marcus Cannon, OT.
With the thirtieth overall pick, the Jets choose Phil Taylor, DT.
With the thirty-first overall pick, the Steelers choose Akeem Ayers, OLB.
With the thirty-second overall pick, the Packers choose Christian Ballard, DE.
The first round of the 2011 NFL Draft starts at 8 p.m. (ET) on Thursday, April 28th and SB Nation has everything you need to prepare for it - NFL mock drafts, draft projections, scouting reports, the full NFL draft schedule and more. Check it all out at SB Nation's NFL Hub and our NFL Draft blog Mocking the Draft.