With all the talk about the Eagles, you would think the Saints simple moves were going unnoticed. Well, let me tell you the talk on the radio in Charlotte and Raleigh was about the offseason of the Saints. They have the Saints the odds on favorites for the best record in the NFC. That's strong words in a division that is going to be tough to win 3 or 4 games. The local crew had Chris Mortensen on and they rated the top five offseasons:
2. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
They say they have really improved their biggest weakness.....Special Teams. Chris Mortensen said Sproles will break one sometime this season on special teams. He mentioned the following reasons for the Saints' rating:
1. They signed most of their key free agents and those they lost they upgraded with better players. In particular he talked about Goodwin and replacing him with Olin Kreuntz.
2. Darren Sproles according to Mort, he's better between the tackles and one of the most dangerous return men in football.
4. Shaun Rogers to quote Mort, "Don't forget that they signed Shaun Rogers before the lockout."
5. Their draft was one of the top three and getting both Jordan and Ingram was a coupe.
6. Sean Payton hired a new assistant to help their special teams coach improve their weakest part of the game.
So don't expect the Saints to be flying under the radar. People are noticing.