Week 1 is in the books, and nearly half of the original 48 entrants were kicked off the island in a wild opening weekend - 23 to be exact, including yours truly. Check the table below for all of the carnage, and if you're still alive, post your pick in the comments below. Remember to put your team's name, and nothing else, in the comment title/subject line.
Also, the people have spoken and apparently very few like the idea of the no repeat rule continuing into the playoffs. There weren't many votes overall, but with the voting going more than 2-to-1 in favor of resetting the no repeat rule for the playoffs, I think it's fair to say that's what the majority wants. So be it.
|Player||Week 1||Week 2|
|Breesus Christ Superstar||ARI||DET|
|Cajun in CA||NYJ||PIT|
|Dang Hu Dat||DEN||out|
|Fat Punk Kicker||TEN||out|
|horp the reckless||HOU|
|Joseph William Stern||CLE||out|
|sXe hXc AMF||HOU||NO|
- Pick one NFL team each week to win a game. Your pick must be made at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the game in which your chosen team is playing.
- If the team you pick loses, has a bye week, or if you fail to make a pick, you are eliminated.
- You must pick a different team each week, no repeats.
- The last player standing at the end of the season wins.
- In case of a tie, i.e., every remaining player is eliminated in one week, the game continues with the same players the following week. At the end of the regular season, if there are multiple players left, play will continue through the playoffs. At that point, your picks are reset, i.e., you are allowed to pick a team you had picked during the regular season.
- Due to the nature of the rules, entrants after week 1 cannot be allowed to join the game.