The rules are simple:
- Pick one NFL team each week to win a game. Your pick must be made at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the game in which your chosen team is playing.
- If the team you pick loses, has a bye week, or if you fail to make a pick, you are eliminated.
- You must pick a different team each week, no repeats.
- The last player standing at the end of the season wins.
- In case of a tie, i.e., every remaining player is eliminated in one week, the game continues with the same players the following week. If, at the end of the season, there are multiple players left, play continues through the playoffs with the no repeat rule still in effect.
- Due to the nature of the rules, entrants after week 1 cannot be allowed to join the game.
Each Tuesday, I'll make a post with the previous weekend's eliminations, and a table of each players' picks so far. Make your pick in the comments section, and I'll update the table throughout the week. You may change your pick during the week, but if you have a pick made within 30 minutes of the start of that team's game, that is your final pick. No exceptions. If enough people want it, I can also post a reminder later in the week noting who has yet to make their picks.
Cajun in CA ran an elimination pick 'em league last year, and he recently asked for someone to run one again this year. I can run it this year, but will likely need someone to substitute for me for one or two weeks. Jay Preece (who I believe won last year's game) has also volunteered to run it. (Jay - you are more than welcome to take this over if you like - I just wanted to get the initial post up today so we can get the game started before the season begins with as many players as possible.) Sign up below with interest, or better yet, your pick for week 1.
UPDATE: Judging from some of the picks, I thought I should clarify rule #2. The no repeat rule means that once you have picked a team to win, you cannot pick that team again for the rest of the season, including the playoffs if the game goes that long.