The NFL will have a pro football theme park set up for fans in the Morial Convention Center in the days leading up to Super Bowl XLVII. Below is a map and a list of attractions.
For those of you that live in the New Orleans area, the NFL Experience theme park might be something worth checking out. I'm thinking about going myself and taking pictures. Here are all the details.
1. XBOX Kinect Return to Glory- Adults and children can experience the sensation of fielding a booming punt launched from an automated machine
2. GMC's Professional Grade Challenge-Run a pass route and break free for a pass reception
3. Barclays' Extra Point Kick-Try to convert an extra point through NFL uprights
4. Bridgestone's Punt, Pass, and Kick-A replica of the annual nationwide competition for youngsters consisting of one Punt, one Pass, and one Kick
5. Castrol's Speed & Mobility -Take a handoff and run through read-and-react obstacles before throwing a pass to a larger-than-life receiver
6. Castrol's Training Camp-Stop by Castrol's Training Camp to race through a series of obstacles and train like the Pro's!
7. Breast Cancer Awareness' A Crucial Catch Game 1-Throw a touch pass with enough arc to clear the defender and enough aim to drop it into the target
8. M&M's Let It Fly-Take aim downfield, and find out how far you can throw a spiral
9. Snickers Field Goal Kick-Test your ability to kick a field goal through NFL uprights
10. GMC's Touch Pass-Master one of the most difficult throws for an NFL Quarterback by throwing the ball on an arc over a defensive player and into a net
11. Under Armour's Run To Daylight-Race down the field against your opponents in a 40-yard test of speed
12. Under Armour's Quarterback Challenge-Showcase your passing accuracy
13. Under Armour's Quick Release-See how the speed of your passing release compares to some of the quickest passers in the NFL
14. Breast Cancer Awareness' A Crucial Catch Game 2-Test your receiver skills as you run a passing route and catch a pass from a jugs machine
15. Gatorade Clinic Field Fueled by Gatorade- Watch and learn from USA Football coaches and NFL Players about football from various clinics, competitions, and demonstrations. On field clinics are open to boys and girls ages 6-14 only.
The NFL Rush Zone:
1. DMI Fuel Up to PLAY 60 Zone - Eat Healthy. Get Active & Meet NFL Players. Come by and learn more about the importance of choosing good-for-you foods and staying active. Kids ages 6-12 can also participate in one of the daily youth clinics hosted by NFL players & the National Dairy Council.
2. Kinect for Xbox 360: Entertainment is more amazing with Xbox. Put your whole body in the action like never before. Don't miss out!
3. NFLRUSH Zone for Kids - The youngest all-pros can enjoy America's favorite game with scaled-down versions of the popular interactive football activities.
- Kid's Long Snap-Kids can test their ability to snap the ball like a pro
- Kid's Quarterback Challenge-Kid's your passing skills.
- Gear Up & Go-Kids can try on actual NFL equipment and feel like a Pro.
- Kid's Training Camp-Kids have the opportunity to race through a series of obstacles.
- Kid's Extra Point Kick-Test your ability to kick a field goal through scaled down NFL uprights.
- Fantasy Face Painting- Show your team spirit by getting your face painted.
- NFL Player Readings-Take a moment and listen as your favorite NFL players sit down for a group reading.
- Arts & Crafts- We're doing the same Rush Zone Character coloring in years past.
- You Make the Flag- An interactive arts and crafts activity where youth of all ages can participate in creating a personalized officiating flag.
1. Pro Football Hall of Fame-A look into Pro football's glorious past with rare mementos on display.
2. Entertainment Stage - Showcase stage in the heart of the NFL Experience featuring local groups and interactive fan activities.
3. Health and Safety - The Importance of Helmet Fit-Try on helmets and learn about the ways helmet manufacturers are working to help make sports safer through properly fitted helmets.
4. Don Shula Coach of the Year- Honoring the football coach who best exuded integrity, achievement and leadership across all levels of the game.
5. NFL Network Theatre - Take a seat and relax in the NFL Network Theater to watch "This is the Moment," an action packed film highlighting the road to Super Bowl XLVII.
6. NFL Locker Room- Visit a replica NFL locker room as it appears on game day and experience the sights and sounds of the NFL behind the scenes at NFL Locker Room.
7. Super Bowl XLVII Legacy Grant- Annual $1 million contribution for major capital improvement projects within the Super Bowl host city.
8. Super Bowl XLVI Memorabilia Show Presented by Panini America & Topps- the ultimate trading card show featuring displays from leading exhibitors and rare collectibles
9. NFL Network Stage- The NFL Network is your official television home for Super Bowl week. Check out our live broadcasts!
10. NFL Fútbol Americano- The NFL's contributions to Hispanic players throughout the history of the League, and the NFL's passionate Hispanic fans.
11. NFL International- Visit the NFL International exhibit to see how American Football has gained fans overseas.
12. What's in a Name- Have you ever wondered how your favorite team got its name? Find out how at What's in a Name.
13. Road to the Championship- Get the best play of highlights as the video display counts down winners of each divisional match up on the road to the Super Bowl Championship.
14. AFC/NFC Display- Stop by and see the AFC Lamar Hunt and NFC George S. Halas Championship Trophies.
15. Great Calls in Super Bowl History-Listen to four iconic Super Bowl radio broadcasts with Bose sound and re-live these amazing Super Bowl Moments at Great Calls in Super Bowl History
16. NFL Draft Set- Visit the official Draft set and take your spot behind the podium.
17. Salute to Service- An exhibit highlighting the NFL's commitment to supporting our Armed Forces.
18. NFL Kickoff - All of the exciting highlights captured from NFL Kickoff week in New York.
19. NFL Pro Bowl - See exciting video highlights, historical records and images from NFL Pro Bowl.
20. Year of the Super Bowl XLVI Champion Exhibit- From the moment the clock hit zero in Indianapolis to the start of the 2012 season, follow the Super Bowl XLVI Champions, the New York Giants.
21. Super Bowl Rings and Footballs- See the collection of all 46 Super Bowl rings and Wilson footballs up close!
22. Evolution of the Shield- Learn how the NFL Shield has evolved since 1960 at Evolution of the Shield.
23. Chronology of Pro Football- Trace through iconic moments and developments that make the National Football League what it is today.
24. Walter Payton Man of the Year- Visit the Walter Payton Man of the Year display, an award given to the NFL player who best exhibited charity and community service for the 2012 season.
25. NFL Command Center- Step into the world of stripes where YOU MAKE THE CALL! Explore the NFL Command Center, chat with NFL Officials and learn about our Football Officiating Academy.
26. Vince Lombardi Trophy - See the Vince Lombardi Trophy, football's most prestigious award.
27. NFL Experience Autograph Stage Presented by Lenovo - Get free autographs from past and present NFL stars.
28. Breast Cancer Awareness Exhibit: Take a look at this important exhibit highlighting the NFL's A Crucial Catch campaign, featuring pink items worn by players, coaches and referees.
29. Look Like A Pro - Step inside a uniformed body-cast mold bearing the insignia of your favorite NFL team and have a friend snap your photo.
1. GMC Never Say Never Broadcast Booth & NFL Player Appearances- Step into the broadcast booth, get behind the desk and create your own video play-by-play of one of the three GMC Never Say Never finalist plays. Then, share your video with family and friends through your own social networks. Meet NFL Players and receive an autograph from your favorite.
2. GMC Pro Grade Catch Photo & NFL Player Appearances - Visit the GMC display to meet NFL players, receive an autograph and have the chance to win a new GMC vehicle. Fans can also take their own GMC Professional Grade Catch souvenir Super Bowl photo to share with their family and friends.
3. Under Armour NFL Scouting Combine Experience - Under Armour challenges fans to test their Scouting Combine skills just like the top NFL prospects.
4. Pepsi & Frito Lay- Pepsi and Tostitos "kneaux how to party" and we want you to join us. We're bringing Bourbon Street to NFLX, complete with opportunities to create your own halftime show, test your football-throwing accuracy, and show off your best touchdown dance moves. So C'mon and let's party!
5. This is the Bridgestone Performance Moment, an interactive experience that pays tribute to NFL Performance Moments and invites you to capture and share a Bridgestone Performance Moment of your own.
6. The Verizon Training Ground- Step onto the field in the Verizon NFL Training Ground and put your skills on display. Test your speed in the 40-yard dash, throw with the accuracy of Drew Brees, celebrate a touchdown like Hakeem Nicks, and show off your football knowledge with NFL Mobile as you gain points to climb to the top of the leaderboard. You won't want to miss this exclusive NFL experience brought to you by Verizon!
7. Cartoon Network- Cartoon Network takes you through an interactive experience with your favorite characters from Ben 10 and Adventure Time!
8. Bud Light Build-a-Bar is the hottest place to drink the coldest beer and cheer your team on to victory. Here we go!
9. Wilson Football Factory - See how official NFL game balls are individually produced. Authentic Super Bowl XLVII Game Balls will be manufactured and sold on site.
10. Quaker's Epic NFL Adventures Course - Quaker is helping to power your play by bringing imagination to life through an oversized obstacle course that tests agility, accuracy and speed across multiple activity stations featuring larger-than-life representations of your favorite Quaker breakfasts and snacks.
11. NFL Extra Points - Stop by the NFL Extra Points Credit Card photo booth experience and have your picture taken using innovative stop-motion video technology. See yourself in HD and share your New Orleans "extra points" moment with friends and family.
12. NFL Auction - Check out the modern and vintage memorabilia at the Hunt Auction booth.
13. WWL-TV Broadcast Stage - WWL-TV, Channel 4, will broadcast daily from the NFL Experience inside the Convention Center.
The station is also airing a half-hour program each night at 6:30 p.m. "New Orleans Live" will kick off on Monday, January 28th and run through Friday, February 1st. The program showcases all of the excitement surrounding the Super Bowl, covering news, sports, and entertainment, and celebrities.
14. PCFSN Obstacle Course - The President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition and with its leader, Saints quarterback Drew Brees, challenges kids to "PLAY 60" in the President's Challenge Activity Zone. Match up against elite competition along with some surprise All-Stars and get in the zone!
16. BOSE- You're listening to the L1® Model II Portable Line Array System. The highest-performance system from Bose
Point of Sale:
1. NFL SHOP at Super Bowl Presented by Visa - Marvel at NFL licensed products from all 32 NFL teams in an eye-catching display and shop the largest collection of Super Bowl XLVII merchandise.
FedEx Shipping Center - Send home your Super Bowl souvenirs from the convenient FedEx Office Shipping Center located right outside of the NFL Shop. Plus, you can rub elbows with NFL greats throughout the week (see schedule of events for details).
**Tickets can be purchased over the phone by calling (866) TIX-4NFL (849-4635), online at www.SuperBowl.com or at Mercedes Benz Superdome box office at Gate A. Beginning Jan. 30, opening day of NFL Experience, fans can purchase tickets at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center box office. Tickets sold at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center box office will go on sale one hour before opening daily. General admission tickets are $25.00 for adults and $20.00 for children 12 and under, and permit entry for a particular day and time.