The stage is now set for Super Bowl XLVII, as the AFC champion Baltimore Ravens will head to New Orleans to face NFC champions San Francisco 49ers. This game marks the first time that two brothers, John and Jim Harbaugh, will coach against each other for the NFL championship.
Our wonderful city has the distinct honor of hosting the Super Bowl for a record tenth time, most for any individual city. New Orleans is tied, however, with Miami for the metropolitan area that has hosted the most Super Bowls. The last time a Super Bowl was hosted in New Orleans was February 3rd, 2002, exactly 11 years from this year's Super Bowl XLVII.
Here's a quick rundown of all the pertinent details:
- Teams: Baltimore Ravens vs. San Francisco 49ers
- Date: Sunday, February 3, 2013
- Kickoff time: 6:30 EST / 5:30 CST
- Location: Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Channel: CBS
- Announcers: Jim Nantz and Phil Simms
- Current odds: 49ers by 5 points
- Halftime show performance: Destiny's Child and Beyonce
- National anthem: Alicia Keys
- Tickets: TiqIQ.com
A full guide to New Orleans during the Super Bowl can be found at NFL.com. The league's official site also has a Fan Housing guide, a full list of events, and media day information. The New Orleans host committee also has a number of resources on it's web site. Media day will take place on January 29th, 2012.