When you beat the crap out of the Cowboys 49-17 on primetime television while the entire country watches, chances are pretty good your entire team handed in their best effort. Most of them, anyway.
Once again, we've been tasked with choosing which Saints players are most deserving of being called Teammates of the Week. It will be up to you guys each week to vote for those you think played best.
For the third straight week Garrett Hartley missed a field goal so if any unit is least deserving of our award today it would have to be special teams.
Which means we're left with a tough decision between the offense and defense. Both played lights out Sunday night, putting up some pretty gaudy stats. The offense broke an NFL record with 40 first downs while Mark Ingram ran for a career high. Meanwhile, the defense never allowed the Cowboys to convert a third down, not once.
So which unit gave the better effort for the Saints in the big primetime win over the Cowboys? This just might be too close to call.
More from Canal Street Chronicles:
- Saints Bring In Several Kickers For Workout Today
- Saints Victory Over The Cowboys Is Exactly What We Needed
- Saints Burn Cowboys to the Ground, Mark Ingram Reborn, and 49ers Preview: Podcast
- Mark Ingram Finally Goes Off
- Saints vs. Cowboys Player Snap Counts by Position: Mark Ingram Touched the Football Almost Every Time he Took the Field