Running back Mark Ingram was listed as inactive for the Saints' 31-7 win over the Arizona Cardinals Sunday with a toe injury. Not really upsetting to Saints fans considering his disappointing performance the first two games this season (17 carries, 31 yards, 1.8 ypc).
Then just before kickoff Jason LaCanfora speculated that Ingram could be potential trade bait:
Mark Ingram expected to seek a trade from Saints. And expect more deals involving recent high picks: http://t.co/zMptXTk9kX— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) September 22, 2013
Combine all of that with a short but impressive showing by running back Khiry Robinson late in the Saints' blowout of the Cardinals (4 carries, 38 yards, 9.5 ypc) and it would seem Ingram's days in New Orleans are numbered.
Saints head coach Sean Payton vehemently denies any trade talk and believes LaCanfora's report has "zero credibility." Considering what we know about Payton rhetoric, that means Ingram is as good as gone.
What could the Saints get if they were to trade Ingram? What team would be a potential trade partner? Would the Saints really pull the trigger?
More from Canal Street Chronicles:
- Saints Tight End Jimmy Graham on Pace to Break NFL Record
- Saints Injury Report After 31-7 Win Over Cardinals: Lance Moore Leaves Game Early
- Cardinals-Saints final score: Drew Brees throws 3 TDs as New Orleans moves to 3-0
- Saints vs. Cardinals 2013: Scouting the Enemy
- Saints vs. Cardinals 2013 Game Preview and Matchup History