Well its that time of year. Time for anyone and everyone who writes anything about football whatsoever to do their training camp preview. Don't know if you noticed. And so I give to you, ESPN's take on training camp. This one is a little different though. It actually tells us fun things to do in Jackson other than watching training camp. Enjoy.
New Orleans Saints
• Location: Millsaps College, Jackson, Miss.
• Camp dates: July 24-Aug. 21
• Team Web site | Training camp information | Directions to campus
• What Pat Yasinskas says: The Saints will hold their third straight training camp at Millsaps College and there are plenty of other attractions in Jackson. The Mississippi State Capitol building highlights a downtown that features plenty of history dating to the antebellum days. The city has more than 690 sites on the National Register of Historic Places, including the Medgar Evers Home Museum. If you want to get some Mississippi catfish or check out some unique Elvis décor while listening to live music, head over to Hal & Mal's Restaurant and Brewery on South Commerce Street.
• What to do besides training camp: The Mississippi Braves, the Atlanta Braves' Double-A affiliate, play their home games about 10 minutes from Jackson at Trustmark Park. If you are a New Orleans native and want to taste your traditional cuisine, the place to eat is Que Sera. Looking for culture, visit the Mississippi Museum of Art and the Mississippi Blues Trail. It's also worth noting that Vicksburg, some 50 miles west, has a few casinos and some telling Civil War history.
By the way, I am really going to try hard to make it up there at least one day to check it out and give you guys a report.
This one, originally from The Sporting News, actually came out a couple of weeks ago and I probably have already covered it, but Yahoo! has republished it on their own site. To make matters even more confusing, it was actually written by Mike Triplett of our very own Times-Picayune. Check it out for yourself, but I will just give you, well, the bottom line.
The Saints’ schedule might be the team’s biggest hurdle. Since they are "hosting" this year’s international game in London, they will spend nine weeks on the road. Still, they should be considered the front-runners in the NFC South.
New Orleans has one of the top five offenses in the NFL and its defense can’t help but improve after an offseason makeover. And big-time seasons look to be in store for Bush and Vilma.
SN prediction: 11-5, first in NFC South.
Well it wouldn't be a Saints News segment without your daily dose of, ugh, Kush. I know I just finished a world tour media blitz myself, but this is getting ridiculous! It's from Fox News.
"Having six kids is amazing; it’s exactly what I want. It’s what I grew up with, so I can’t imagine anything less," Kardashian told Pop Tarts at Friday’s Intermix/VH1 Rocks Honors Shopping Party to benefit VH1 Save the Music Foundation. "It is something Reggie and I have talked about. When you’re that close to someone, it’s always going to come up."
"I don’t want to adopt — that’s my personal choice," Kim said. "If I am blessed to have kids of my own, then I want to do that."
In related news, Nike, Reebok and Gatorade have already approached Kim and Reggie about the endorsement rights to the unborn babies.
Kim also responded to rumors about her body and sex life.
"At this point, blogs and the media have said everything, and I don’t think I could get hurt by it anymore. According to the world, everything on my body is fake and I’ve been with every celebrity on the planet," she said. "I know none of that is the case, but I can’t really say anything."
What's going on with the draft pick signings? I think we should start seeing some more news on that front coming shortly.