I have decided to move this post up in the week as I think that's a better time. That being said, it is now once again time to give a shout out to last week's most clairvoyant CSC reader and once again it is the omniscient Satchmo26, who was pretty dead on. Satch, you are making this look easy. Maybe you can give some other people a chance to win, geez!
Here is what you guys thought would happen in yesterday's game.
1. Colston will have a 100+ yds and a TD
2. Brees will throw for over 300 yds
3. Bush will not have over 30 yds rushing
4. Ellis will have a sack
5. Meacham will have 35-40 yds receiving.
6. Saints will win 31-17
|Eh. Not really.
1. Payton will have some new “WTF?” plays on tap for the Bucs that will pick up significant yardage.
I’ve done well the past two weeks expecting him to drop well-thrown balls, but I’m gonna go out on a limb this week and say he will actually have a good game and catch well. I may regret this one.
Right about Brees, Shockey, Devery and the defense. Wrong about Deuce and MM. Pretty close again Satch.
Stu, very close on the score prediction. Devery catches a TD. Reggie scores a passing TD. Defense has 2 sacks.
But you were off a bit too.
Multiple sacks. ( i joked to a friend that we would blitz the first play and injure 3 qbs … he said we might hurt 4 )
No picks, but no big plays against either.
Brees does 300ish yards
True about the sacks. The defense actually DOES get a pick thanks to Fujita.
Brees and Bush stats are pretty close.
|xen-cuts||Pretty close. The Saints did eek out a victory. The defense didn't give up any big passing plays though.
|Steve the fan
1. Saints will win 33-24.
This one is pretty good. You nailed Brees' stats! And Bush's TD did come off a swing/screen pass that he took 42 yards to the end zone!
But, Bush didn't look so great on punt returns and Stecker didn't even dress.
|jjwest11||Saintsational Dave, overcome with joy at being able to return to New Orleans and see the season opener in the Dome, will remove his clothing, jump down to the field, and lay a bone-crushing hit on Jeff Garcia.|| Funny. And wrong.
|TAYDIGGA||1. Saints win 34-24
2. Colston has a monster game 7+ Rec 120+ yards
3. Reggie does better than people expect (I’ll leave it at that, no stats for now but he has a great game)
4. Shocky actually does score on a 3rd and goal.
5. Duece gets 10 carries for for 35+ but we can tell Payton is hesitant to use him too much and we see a lil bit of everybody.
6. David actually gets burned for a score but because he gets a crucial pick and a few bat downs know one makes a big deal about it.
|Wrong on Colston, Shockey and Deuce, David. Reggie had a great game.
||French, you get so specific in your predictions. You may want to make them a bit more generic.
||Shockey will leave the field limping at least once.
Mark Campbell will catch a short-yardage TD as Bucs focus on Deuce and Shockey.
Reggie Bush will bobble a punt return, but otherwise have 125+ all purpose yards.
Colston will be his usual unstoppable self, catching 7 balls, one for TD.
Saints 31, Bucs 21>
|Wrong about everything but Reggie.
There you have it. JJwest11 gets the nod for funniest prediction although incredibly innacurate. It's time to vote on who you think was most accurate last week. This one was pretty close and you guys all made some pretty good guesses. Who was closest?