Official NFL Release
SEVEN FROM SUNDAY - WEEK 6
A look at seven statistical highlights from games played at 1:00 p.m. ET and 4:00 p.m. ET on Sunday, October 16, the sixth week of the 2011 season.
- The SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS overcame a 10-0 deficit to defeat the Detroit Lions 25-19. It marked the 19th time this season that a team trailed by at least 10 points and came back to win the game. That is the most through the first six weeks of any season in NFL history. San Francisco's JIM HARBAUGH joins BUM PHILLIPS (1975 Houston Oilers), AL GROH (2000 New York Jets) and JIM MORA(2004 Atlanta Falcons) as the only rookie head coaches to lead their teams to a 5-1 or better record after the team started the previous season 1-5 or worse since 1970.
- In New England's 20-16 win over Dallas, the Patriots' TOM BRADY and BILL BELICHICK tied Pro Football Hall of Famers DAN MARINO and DON SHULA of Miami for the most wins (116) by a quarterback-head coach duo in the Super Bowl era (since 1966).\
- The GREEN BAY PACKERS defeated the St. Louis Rams 24-3 and improved to 6-0. The Packers are the seventh defending Super Bowl champion to start the following season 6-0 (1986 Chicago Bears; 1990 San Francisco 49ers; 1998 Denver Broncos; 2000 St. Louis Rams; 2004 New England Patriots; 2007 Indianapolis Colts).
- Green Bay quarterback AARON RODGERS passed for 310 yards with three touchdowns and a 119.6 passer rating in the Packers' win. Rodgers is the first player in NFL history with a 110+ passer rating in each of his first six games to start a season. Rodgers also posted six games with a 110+ passer rating in both the 2009 and 2010 seasons. He joins Pro Football Hall of Famer STEVE YOUNG (1992-94) as the only quarterbacks since 1970 with at least six such games in three consecutive seasons.
- New OrleansquarterbackDREW BREESpassed for 383 yards againstTampa Bay. Brees became thefirst player with 350+ passing yards in four consecutive games in NFL history.
- New York Giants quarterback ELI MANNING led the team to a 27-24 win over Buffalo. In his career, Manning is 22-5 (.815) as a starter in October, the best mark among quarterbacks who began their career in the Super Bowl era (minimum 20 starts).
- Oaklandkick returner-wide receiverJACOBY FORDhad a 101-yard kickoff-return touchdown in the Raiders' 24-17 win over Cleveland. Ford, who played in his 20th career game today,joins TRAVIS WILLIAMS (four KR-TDs) as the only players in NFL history with at least four kickoff-return touchdowns in the first 20 games of a career.