- Indianapolis rookie quarterback ANDREW LUCK completed 30 of 48 passes (62.5 percent) for 433 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions for a 105.6 passer rating in the Colts' 23-20 win over Miami. Luck's 433 passing yards are the most by a rookie in a game in NFL history, besting the previous mark of 432 yards set by CAM NEWTON last season. Luck has four 300-yard passing games, tied with PEYTON MANNING (1998) for the most by a rookie in a season all-time.This season, there have been nine individual 300-yard passing games by a rookie. That is already the most such games in a single season in NFL history.
- Tampa Bay rookie running back DOUG MARTIN rushed for a team-record 251 yards and four touchdowns in the Buccaneers' 42-32 win at Oakland. Martin joins MIKE ANDERSON (December 3, 2000) as the only players in NFL history to rush for at least 250 yards and four touchdowns in a game. Martin had TD runs of 70, 67, 45 and one yards in the victory. He is the first player in NFL history with rushing touchdowns of at least 70, 65 and 45 yards in a single game.
- Green Bay quarterback AARON RODGERS passed for four touchdowns in the Packers' 31-17 win over Arizona. Rodgers, who has 25 touchdown passes in Green Bay's first nine games this season, is the first player in NFL history to throw at least 25 TDs in his team's first nine games in two different seasons. Rodgers, who had 28 touchdown passes in the Packers' first nine games last year, has done it in consecutive seasons.
- Denver quarterback PEYTON MANNING passed for 291 yards and three touchdowns in the Broncos' 31-23 win at Cincinnati. Denver trailed 20-17 in the fourth quarter before Manning threw two touchdown passes to put the Broncos ahead for good. It marked Manning's 48th game-winning drive in the fourth quarter or overtime, passing Pro Football Hall of Famer DAN MARINO (47) for the most in the NFL since 1970.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers defeated the New York Giants 24-20. The game was the seventh in NFL history in which the opposing starting quarterbacks had each won multiple Super Bowls. Pittsburgh's BEN ROETHLISBERGER has guided the Steelers to victories in Super Bowl XL and XLIII. New York's ELI MANNING has led the Giants to wins in Super Bowl XLII and XLVI.
NFL Week 9 Seven from Sunday
A look at seven statistical highlights from games played Sunday afternoon, November 4, the ninth week of the 2012 season.