Tab through the gallery of photos above. Below are just a few notes from my game day experience.
- The offensive starters were announced.
- There was a moment of silence observed before the game to remember the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.
- Skylar Laine from Season 11 of American Idol performed the National Anthem.
- Sedrick Ellis led the pre-game Who Dat chant.
- Crystalize it!
- The Superdome definitely had a preseason feel. Lots of empty seats, not much energy, a general sense of apathy.
- The energy level definitely picked up in the fourth quarter as the possibility of a shutout became a reality. I think the crowd was loudest on the final play of the game, as fans cheered to help preserve the shutout and keep the Bucs off the scoreboard.
- American All-Stars, which is comprised of dancers from Louisiana and Mississippi, and the Fontainebleau High School Crimson Band, from Mandeville, Louisiana, were the halftime entertainment.
- There was also a Hall of Fame ring presentation ceremony for Willie Roaf at the 50-yard line during halftime.