Lying beneath the surface of this summer's Bountygate saga has been the issue of violence and player safety in the NFL. So instead of talking about the usual lack of evidence and player suspensions in this week's edition of Fast Five, I figured it was about time to dig a little deeper.
In case you need a reminder, the rules are simple: I ask you guys five questions and you answer them in the comment section below. I look forward to reading your answers and getting to know each of you a little better through your opinions. The more participation the better, so let's hear it!
Here are your five questions:
- On a scale of 1-10, how violent do you consider the NFL today?
- Do you think the NFL is more or less violent now then it was 20 years ago?
- Would you, or do you, let your child play tackle football?
- Do you think the league is genuinely concerned about player safety?
- Do you think the perceived violence of the sport will lead to a decrease in it's popularity?