The New Orleans Saints (4-0) head to Chicago to represent the division against the NFC North. After being handed their first loss of the season in Detroit during Week 4, the Chicago Bears (3-1) should present a challenge as they look to bounce back at home.
Those who have been predicting a high-scoring affair might not have checked the weather forecast. After three days of rain, more thunderstorms on game day could slow the game and give the home team an extra edge against Drew Brees, who has never won a game at Soldier Field... as a Charger or as a Saint. At least the temperature -- expected to be in the 50's -- should not be too terribly frigid for the Southern dome team; though it will be cold enough to add another layer of misery to whichever team finds themselves soaked, muddy, and losing.
For those fans not fortunate enough to enjoy the game in person, here is how you can catch all the action on the field:
Sunday, October 6th @ 1pm EDT / Noon CDT
Soldier Field in Chicago, IL
NOLA TV Broadcast (LIVE): WVUE FOX8. Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Pam Oliver (Field reporter)
Also showing on FOX in select markets nationwide. (click to check which games will be broadcast in your area)
Sunday Ticket DIRECTV: Channel 704
Radio: WWL 870AM/105.3FM (NO); SIRIUS: 134 (NO), 86 (CHI); XM: 86 (CHI), WBBM 780 AM/105.9 FM (CHI)
NFL Live, NFL Rewind
It's anybody guess as to who will win this one; Over/Under 48.5
White Jerseys with Black Pants
- Saints head coach Sean Payton played quarterback for the Chicago Bears replacement players, known as the "Spare Bears," during the 1987 NFL players strike. His one interception came against the New Orleans Saints; and even while playing for the Bears, he never won a game at Soldier Field.
- Saints QB Luke McCown's older brother Josh McCown is the backup quarterback for the Bears
- Bears-Saints tickets pushing $200, Jags-Rams pushing $10
More from Canal Street Chronicles:
- Saints vs. Bears 2013 Preview and Matchup History
- Saints vs Bears 2013: The Curse of Soldier Field
- NFL Power Rankings 2013: Saints Have Top Passing Game in NFC
- Saints Offensive Line Progression and Regression
- Saints News, 10/4/13: Saints Sign WR Chris Williams To Practice Squad, Waive WR Saalim Hakim