Just as the uproar from Ahmad Brooks' controversial hit on Drew Brees and subsequent fine had finally settled, Akiem Hicks just made a similar tackle on Matt Ryan in tonight's Saints-Falcons Thursday Night Football game... but was not penalized.
If you're looking for the definition of irony, this is most certainly it.
Here's a look at the hit that didn't get called. This definitely wasn't as forceful or as violent as Brooks' sack, but Hicks definitely gets a handful of facemask.
In case you forgot over the past 4 days, here's a look at the hit on Drew Brees by Brooks.
Brooks was fined $15,750 for the hit. Even though Hicks wasn't called for a penalty, he may still get a phone call and a fine from Goodell later in the week. I would expect Ray Lewis to be paying that fine, just as he paid for Brooks'.
More from Canal Street Chronicles:
Follow @CSCtweet Follow @SBNationNFL
- Saints vs. Falcons Thursday Night Football Preview and Matchup History
- Saints vs. Falcons Thursday Night Football: Atlanta Hate Week
- Saints vs. Falcons 2013: Ode to Atlanta ("Sweet Peach Georgia Wine" Parody)
- Saints vs. Falcons Thursday Night Football: Scouting the Enemy
- Saints vs Falcons 2013 Thursday Night Football: Game Time, TV Schedule, Online Streaming, Odds and More