The New Orleans Saints lost their second game to an AFC East opponent this season by losing to the Jets 26-20 at MetLife Stadium this afternoon.
Drew Brees, who threw two interceptions, and the offense looked sloppy and disorganized all game, with lots of dropped passes, stupid mistakes and a non-existent rushing attack. Pierre Thomas, Jimmy Graham, and Lance Moore were the only Saints players worth a damn on the offensive side of the ball.
The defense also turned in easily their worse performance of the 2013 season thus far, allowing Chris Ivory to gash them for 139 yards and a touchdown on 18 carries.
Two missed field goals by Garrett Hartley in the first half would have meant a tie score had he made them.
Injuries definitely played a part in this tough loss. Already down Marques Colston and Malcolm Jenkins to start the game, Darren Sproles left in the first quarter with a concussion while Jimmy Graham, Pierre Thomas, Curtis Lofton, and Kenny Vaccaro all missed snaps due to injury.
More on this atrocity tomorrow. Check out full stats from the game below.
|Time of Pos.||29:32||30:01|
|NEW ORLEANS SAINTS|
|NEW YORK JETS|
More from Canal Street Chronicles:
- Saints at Jets 2013: Game Time, TV Schedule, Online Streaming, Odds and More
- Saints vs. Jets 2013 Preview and Matchup History
- New Orleans Saints vs New York Jets 2013: Facing Chris Ivory
- Saints vs. Jets 2013: Ode to the Jets ("Leaving on a Jet Plane" Parody)
- Saints Wide Receiver Lance Moore is Due to Make an Impact