In honor of this hallowed occasion of Mother's Day, I have prepared a smorgasbord of thematic goodies for our enjoyment. A veritable super special brunch for the ages, if you will.
First, from our friends at NFL.com, there's THIS VIDEO of players sharing what Mother's Day means to them as well as advice they've received from dear old Mom. If you watch closely, you'll see that the Saints very own Roman Harper gets a moment to shine in this montage.
Next, for those who are still shopping for those perfect last-minute gifts, I provide you with THIS LINK to the "family" page of the New Orleans Saints section of the NFL online shop. It's full of Saints jewelry, purses, hoodies, tees, and other gear that might make a great gift for your Saints fan Mom. I'm not sure if they offer any same-day delivery options, but you might be able to get a nice email notice of purchase to print out and put in the card you already bought.
Here's My Mom and CSC, a retrospective bulleted list of posts featuring my Mom:
- CSC True Hollywood Story: My Mom and Dad Met Jim Henderson!
- CSC True "Hollywood" Story: My Mom and Dad Met Joe Horn!
- Aw, Because It's Carnival Time
- Super Bowl 2013: The View From the French Quarter
And finally, the reader participation portion of this post, with a Fast Five questions to promote a lively Mother's Day discussion...
1) What are your plans for this Mother's Day?
2) Did you give or receive any Saints swag for Mother's Day? If so, what?
3) Have you ever met any Saints-related mothers? If so, when and how?
4) Is your Mom a Saints fan? How does she show her love of the team?
5) What shared Saints memories do you have that involve your Mom?
* * *
Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there!! Thank you for all the hard work you put into raising us. I hope you have an amazing day with lots of love and affection showered on you by your adoring children. I'll be calling collect later on today, Mom...