The New Orleans Saints have made some minor roster moves this evening, signing safety Akwasi Owusu-Ansah and waiving cornerback Ryan Steed to make room.
Damn! And I thought Isaako Aaitui was difficult to pronounce. I think we've got a new winner.
Here is a little more info on Owusu-Anah from the Times-Pic:
Owusu-Ansah, a 2010 fourth-round draft selection of the Dallas Cowboys, spent the last season on the Oakland Raiders' practice squad after being cut by the Cowboys in preseason. He spent the 2011 season with the Cowboys and the Jacksonville Jaguars.
The 6-foot-1, 207-pound safety out of Indiana University of Pennsylvania, who has also spent time at wide receiver and kick returner, has appeared in 14 games with the Cowboys and Jaguars. He has 14 career tackles and five special teams stops. He has returned 28 kickoffs for 599 yards and six punts for 47 yards.
#37 / Oakland Raiders
Apr 10, 1988
No doubt this was a move to offset the temporary loss of Roman Harper and Patrick Robinson, who were both placed on the PUP list today.
More from Canal Street Chronicles:
- Report: Saints Place Roman Harper, Patrick Robinson on PUP List
- Back to the Future: Reviewing Film of Saints vs. Falcons 2012 to Preview Their 2013 Matchups
- NFL Fantasy Football: New Orleans Saints 2013 Outlook
- New Orleans Saints Centers/Guards 2012 vs. 2013: Did They Improve?
- New Orleans Saints Sports Bars