- Saints start with the ball.
- Mark Ingram picks up right where he left off and busts loose for a big 19-yard run. He needs to get at least 20 carries tonight.
- The Saints offense continues to move easily down field with completions to Brandin Cooks and Jimmy Graham for 18 yards each.
- In the red zone, a Brees pass deflects off the hands of Kenny Stills, high into the air, and into the waiting arms of the Panthers for an interception. Jimmy Graham takes a hard hit and is slow to get up.
- After giving up some ground, the Saints defense stiffens enough to force a punt.
- Graham appears to be fine since he makes the first catch on the next series and hurdles clear over Roman Harper. Awesome.
- Classic back shoulder throw to Marques Colston for 22 yards. Thing of beauty.
- Brees faces pressure in the pocket. Erik Lorig bumps into Drew as he pulls his arm back to throw and the ball pops loose. Carolina recovers the fumble. Two turnovers in the first quarter.
- The Saints defense quickly gets the Panthers to 3rd and 9 but a completion to Kelvin Benjamin keeps Carolina on the field.
- Keenan Lewis makes a great hit on Jerricho Cotchery in mid-air to knock the ball loose for an incompletion.
- The defense bails out the offense again by forcing another punt following the turnover. The Saints are lucky this game is still 0-0.
- 3rd and 13 for the Panthers and Newton scrambles for the first down. Saints can't let that happen.
- Karma! A Panthers pass goes right off the hands of a wide open Brenton Bersin and into the waiting arms of Corey White for his second interception in as many games.
- Unfortunately, the offense is unable to take advantage, go three and out, and punt away. Much like the NFC South, it appears nobody wants to win this game.
- Corey White misses an opportunity for a second interception when a Newton pass goes just over his finger tips. He was just a little late to react.
- Morstead punts and pins the Panthers deep in their zone. Good field position for the Saints.
- 3rd and 9 - Newton scrambles when the pocket collapses and doesn't see Junior Galette, who hits him from behind and knocks the ball loose. Saints recover and take over with 1st and goal to go. Boom!
- Two straight Mark Ingram rushes and the Saints finally get on the board. They lead 7-0.
- After another sack on Cam Newton, the Saints defense forces a three and out.
- The offense goes into their two-minute drill.
- 3rd an 10 - Brees hits Kenny Stills for the big first down.
- Brees goes deep to Robert Meachem in the end zone. Cason is called for pass interference in the end zone. Saints get the ball on the 1-yard line.
- A quick throw to Jimmy Graham on the next play scores another touchdown to cap off an 85-yard 1:57 minute drive. Saints take a 14-0 lead and all the momentum straight into the locker room.
- Cam Newton had a 15.1 QB rating in the first half.
- Panthers start the second half with the football.
- Carolina offense is moving the ball well, mostly thanks to their successful running attack.
- A pass interference call on Rafael Bush gives the Panthers first down on the 10-yard line.
- Cam Newton scrambles and dives for the pylon. Touchdown Panthers. Saints now lead 14-7.
- 3rd and 9 - Saints convert with a pass to Brandin Cooks for a 15-yard pickup.
- The report from the sideline is that Mark Ingram injured his right shoulder earlier in the first half, not playing at 100%.
- Zach Strief is injured on a hit after the play. Walks off the field on his own power. Enters the game a few plays later. Whew!
- Offense moving well down the field thanks to some sweet catches by Kenny Stills and nice runs by Mark Ingram.
- 4th and 1 at the goaline - Drew Brees jumps over the pile and extends the ball for the touchdown. Saints now lead 21-7.
- Saints defense makes a couple of nice pass breakups and the Panthers are punting again. Saints have the opportunity to put this game away with a touchdown on the next drive.
- Instead, the Saints go three and out. Womp womp.
- Cam Newton hits Jericho Cotchery deep for a big 47-yard gain. The Panthers get in the red zone.
- Brandon Williams makes a short catch and runs into the end zone but the touchdown is called back because his knee hit the ground at the 6-yard line.
- Keenan Lewis has great coverage on Kelvin Benjamin and deflects a potential touchdown pass. Lewis has done a great job on Benjamin all night.
- Panthers settle for the field goal. Saints still lead 21-10.
- Zach Strief out of the game again with back spasms. His return is questionable.
- Brees hits Graham for a big gain. Then finds Meachem wide open for a 25-yard pickup to put them in the red zone.
- Mark Ingram caps off the drive with an easy 3-yard touchdown run, his second of the night. That's three TDs in five days for Ingram. Saints take commanding 28-10 lead with a little over 5 minutes remaining.
- Ingram moved to #14 on the Saints all-time rushing list.
- Saints defense get two straight sacks from Galette and Hicks to force a three and out.
- Ingram has 30 carries on the night. I'm not sure that's EVER happened under Sean Payton.
- The best news of all? Three straight home games are next! They could very well be 7-4 by the end of November.
|NEW ORLEANS SAINTS|
|Time of Pos.||34:41||24:42|