Here's how it happened:
- The Bears receive the opening kickoff.
- On 3rd and 8, Jay Cutler throws a pass that bounces off of Marcellus Bennett and is intercepted by Patrick Robinson. Great start for the defense.
- Mark Ingram runs for 10 yards on the first offensive play. The run game should be featured heavily in the fog tonight.
- Drew Brees throws a quick pass to Nick Toon on the next play and he fumbles it away to the Bears deep inside Chicago territory.
- Travis Frederick allows his first catch at starting cornerback.
- The Bears elect to throw the ball on 3rd and 1 at their own 20-yard line and Cutler misses Alshon Jeffery. The Bears punt, and the Saints get the ball on their own 29-yard line.
- The classic Pierre Thomas screen plays works to perfection as he gains 39 yards on the first play of the drive.
- Brees fumbles the ball on a pump fake, and the Saints face a 3rd and 12 in Chicago territory.
- A bad throw by Brees forces 4th down. The snap on the field goal is botched and Luke McCown has to throw it away. Penalties by both teams allows the Saints to retry the attempt. He misses the second attempt.
- David Hawthorne makes an awesome play to stop Matt Forte for a -2-yard loss, and then he sacks Cutler on the next play to force a 3rd and 21. Junior Galette gets the sack on the next play, and the Bears get knocked back 17 yards and punt to New Orleans.
- Brees completes some passes to Nick Toon and Kenny Stills to get to midfield.
- Another beautiful screen to Thomas gains 31 yards on 1st and 20.
- Drew Brees throws an 8-yard touchdown pass to Josh Hill on the first play of the second quarter. Saints lead, 7-0.
- Chicago goes 3-and-out and punt it to the Saints again.
- The Saints go 3-and-out as well and punt to the Bears.
- New Orleans gets a coverage sack on 3rd down and the Bears run a fake punt on 4th and 3. They don't get it, and the Saints start their drive in Chicago territory.
- The offense is unable to do anything with the field position and punts it back to Chicago for a touchback.
- Thankfully, the Bears are a bigger mess than the Saints and once again punt it away to the Saints after gaining just one first down.
- Brees leads a wonderful drive down the field and caps off a 95-yard touchdown drive with a TD throw to Marques Colston. Saints lead, 14-0.
- Cutler throws another interception to end the half.
- The Saints get the ball to start the second half.
- Jimmy Graham sighting! Graham gains 29 yards for his biggest catch in a few weeks.
- Brees continues to move the ball through the air. He's looked very good tonight.
- Josh Hill catches his second touchdown pass of the night on the same exact play he scored on in the first half - a play-action bootleg to the right. Saints lead, 21-0.
- Hawthorne gets another sack on Cutler to force a quick 3rd and 19. They fail to convert, and once again punt after a 3-and-out.
- The Saints follow that up with a 3-and-out of their own, and they punt it back to the Bears.
- Cutler throws another pick on 3rd down to Pierre Warren. It's his 2nd of the night.
- Brees with his pocket presence magic avoids pressure and hits Nick Toon to get down to the 3-yard line.
- The Saints fail to score on three tries, and Shayne Graham makes a 25-yard field goal. Saints lead, 24-0.
- Cutler finally leads the Bears down the field and throws a short touchdown pass to Marquess Wilson. The Bears go for 2 and convert. Saints lead, 24-8.
- Jimmy Graham with another big catch and attempted hurdle. He's up to 87 yards.
- A questionable halfback toss to Ingram on 3rd and 2 forces the Saints to punt.
- Akiem Hicks gets a big sack on 2nd down to force a 3rd and 21.
- The Bears get a false start to force 4th and 19, and they punt it back to the Saints.
- The Saints go 3-and-out and punt again.
- The Bears decide to run the ball now.
- John Jenkins joins the sack party.
- The Bears turn it over on downs with 2:47 left.
- Mark Ingram runs for a 15-yard touchdown. Saints lead, 31-8.
- Alshon Jeffery scores a garbage time TD, and the Saints win 31-15.