The Saints can't even lose properly. They were well on their way to better draft position and an easier schedule in 2015, down 20-7 to start the 4th quarter, but instead scored 16 points to defeat Tampa Bay 23-20 and ensure a first overall draft pick for the Bucs.
The Saints finish the season 7-9. They started the year 3-0 at home and 0-4 on the road. They finished 0-5 at home and 4-0 on the road.
- Buccaneers start with the ball and start moving easily down field through the air.
- 3rd and 8 - McCown completes an out route on the sideline for the first down. You can't be surprised by this anymore.
- The Saints eventually force the Bucs to punt, which is downed at the 7-yard line. Russell Sheppard makes a hell of a play in the end zone to keep the ball in play.
- Saints go 3 and out. A run and two incomplete pass plays.
- Parys Haralson comes in unblocked but whiffs on the potential sack. McCown escapes and completes an 18-yard pass to Mike Evans for the first down. That play went from great to bad real quick.
- Cam Jordan and Tyrunn Walker combine for a sack. Rejoice!
- Bucs settle for field goal. They open the scoring 3-0.
- 3rd and 5 - Brees completes a nice back shoulder throw to Nick Toon down the right sideline for the first down.
- Brees takes a sack when he can't find an open receiver, doesn't get rid of the ball, and doesn't escape the pocket to make something happen.
- Saints end up having to punt away.
- 3rd and 3 - Josh McCown scrambles for the first down.
- Doug Martin breaks off a 6-yard run followed by a whopping 42-yard pickup.
- McCown hits Mike Evans for the easy touchdown, completing an 80-yard 11 play drive. Bucs increase their lead 10-0.
- The Saints continue to make bad teams look good.
- Brees hits Meachem for 16 yards on a risky pass that could have been intercepted.
- 3rd and 5 - After a Mark Ingram fumble out of bounds followed by a decent Ingram run, Colston makes a 15-yard completion to keep the drive alive. The Saints are finally moving the ball.
- 3rd and 3 - Brees completed to Kenny Stills for the first down.
- Khiry Robinson punches it in for the 1-yard touchdown. The Bucs lead is cut to 10-7.
- 3rd and 6 - Of course the Saints defense gives up the conversion.
- Charles Sims rushes for 20 yards up with middle, getting clotheslined by his own player to take him down. Best defense of the day for the Saints, and it wasn't even their own player.
- 3rd and 8 - Of course the Saints defense gives up the conversion.
- Charles Sims caps off the drive with an 8-yard touchdown run. Bucs lead 17-7.
- Brees pass is tipped at the line of scrimmage, deflected up, and intercepted by the Buccaneers.
- 3rd and 5 - Of course the Saints defense gives up the conversion.
- 3rd and goal - Parys Haralson hits McCown's arm as he throws.
- Bucs settle for the field goal just before the end of the half. Bucs lead 20-7.
- Saints get the ball to start the half.
- Mark Ingram makes a nice run to pick up 12 yards.
- Jimmy Graham makes his first appearance with a 9-yard catch and a 10-yard catch.
- Drew Brees attempts a deep pass to Kenny Stills in the end zone, but there's plenty of coverage and the Bucs pick it off.
- 3rd and 17 - Saints defense actually makes the stop on the draw play!
- 3rd and 15 for the Saints - Brees completes a deep pass over the middle to Kenny Stills for 44 yards and the first down. Biggest play of the game for the Saints offense.
- Drew throws, incredibly, another interception in the red zone as he throws into heavy coverage looking for Colston. I can't stop myself from laughing at this point.
- Bucs forced to punt.
- Saints move down field quickly thanks to an 18-yard Ingram run, a 16-yard Kenny Stills catch, and a short pass to Khiry Robinson for 17 yards.
- Kenny Stills injures his leg on a catch and heads to the locker room.
- Mark Ingram finds pay dirt on a 1-yard touchdown run. Saints cut the lead to 20-14.
- Honestly, the Saints are lucky to only be down by 6 points following 3 turnovers.
- Bucs and Saints both exchange punts.
- Keenan Lewis makes the interception thanks to a bobbled Mike Evans catch. I guess not everyone on the Saints defense has given up.
- 4th and 2 - The Saints pick it up with a completion to Jimmy Graham.
- Brees hits a streaking Colston who makes the catch then runs the remaining 20 yards into the end zone. The Saints complete the comeback to take a 21-20 lead. Unbelievable.
- Cam Jordan gets a sack deep in Bucs territory.
- Junior Galette follows it up with a sack in the end zone for the safety. Saints now up 23-20.
- The Saints kneel down the remainder of the game.
|NEW ORLEANS SAINTS|
|TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS|
|Time of Pos.||26:52||32:47|