After many requests and a crap load of tedious coding work, everyone's favorite offseason/preseason tool is finally back. Saints fans once again have the one-of-a-kind opportunity to run the Saints front office as if they were Mickey Motherf***ing Loomis themselves.
Introducing, the 2014 version of the New Orleans Saints Interactive Roster Builder! The attached custom and up-to-date application will allow you to whittle down the current roster from 90 to 53 players, build a practice squad, change players' positions, and manage the salary cap. Please go ahead and pick up your jaw, you're probably going to need it.
This is probably the exact program Loomis keeps running at all times on the Apple IIGS sitting next to his fax machine.
And when your done acting like your the god of Airline Drive, you can save your roster and post it for all of us to mock and ridicule incessantly. Doesn't that sound like fun!?!?
Before we get started, there are people I must acknowledge for making all of this possible. First is Coty Saxman of Blogging the Boys, for actually creating this entire tool from scratch. The other is our very own Wallace Delery, for partnering up with me and going through a ton of lines of code, doing a whole bunch of research, and knocking this bad boy out. Everyone give these two guys a round of applause.
So here's how it works:
- Click the button below to launch.
- Then click "Load Saved Roster" to get started.
- To move players, click on the player to highlight him, and then click on the heading to which you wish to move him.
- To cut players, click on the player to highlight him, and then click on the red CUT cell.
- If you want to start all over, the "Reset Everything!" button will return everything to its original condition.
- You can track your current roster count and the team's salary cap figure near the bottom.
The salary figures should be relatively accurate but are most likely not 100% definite. Please let us know if you find any bugs or inaccurate information and we'll try and get it fixed quickly. We will try to keep this up to date as future roster moves are made.
Please click below to start your journey. We hope you enjoy. You can thanks us later.