- Drew Brees starts the game as the Saints receive and nearly throws an interception on third down.
- The Saints punt and the Cowboys drive the length of the field but stall.
- Dallas takes a 3-0 lead on a 30-yard field goal.
- On their second drive, the Saints march right down the field for a Brees touchdown pass to Josh Hill
- The score was Brees' 399 TD pass. Saints lead 7-3.
- The Cowboys take the ball at their 20-yard line and move right down the field into Saints territory.
- After a pass interference on Delvin Breaux in the endzone, Dallas has a first and goal at the one-yard line.
- Cowboys fumble, but the ball crossed the goal line prior to the fumble. Cowboys touchdown
- Dallas retakes the lead: 10-7
- Brees throws a pick on third down, but the play is nullified by a defensive holding.
- Saints drive the ball to midfield and stall, with right tackle Zach Strief getting abused
- Saints punt and the 'Boys start near their 17-yard line.
- Cowboys are stopped on third down in their territory, but Browner gets called for defensive holding.
- Dallas' drive continues.
- The Saints finally stop the Cowboys on their third "third down" and get off the field.
- With 1:50 min to go in the half, Brees and the Saints offense take the field.
- New Orleans promptly goes three-and-out and has to punt the ball back to Dallas.
- The Cowboys produce a three-and-out of their own.
- At halftime, the Cowboys lead the Saints 10-7.
- Cowboys start with a three-and-out
- With a great return by Murphy, Saints start in Dallas' territory at the 40-yard line.
- New Orleans however goes nowhere and has to punt.
- After a Dallas 12-men on the field penalty, Saints go for a 51-yard field goal.
- Hocker makes it, right down the pipe. Saints tie the game at 10.
- The Cowboys take the ball and drive it down the field thanks to a penalty on Breaux
- Brandon Browner gets beat down the field again for a huge pass play.
- The Saints' defense holds the Cowboys to a field goal
- Dallas retakes the lead 13-10.
- Saints get the ball and drive into Dallas' territory once again.but Ingram fumbles
- Review overturns the ruling as Ingram's knee was down.
- New Orleans' drive continues but stalls at Dallas' 17-yard line.
- Saints tie the game at 13.
- The Cowboys take the ball at the end of the third quarter into the fourth quarter.
- Dallas stalls and the Saints take over
- New Orleans drives the ball deep in Dallas' territory, converting a fourth down along the way.
- Saints score a touchdown with Khiry Robinson taking it in from the 6-inch yard line.
- Saints lead 20-13.
- Saints' defense forces a three-and-out and New Orleans is backed up deep in its own territory.
- New Orleans gets out of the shadow of its endzone and punts to pin Dallas at its nine-yard line.
- The Cowboys quickly drive into the Saints' territory.
- At the 2-minute warning, Dallas is at the Saints' 20-yard line with a third down and seven play.
- On fourth down and seven, the Cowboys score a touchdown by a diving Terrance Williams
- Dallas ties the game at 20.
- The Saints drive all the way to the Cowboys red zone using 1:35
- Zach Hocker misses a 30-yard field goal, the game goes to overtime.
- New Orleans wins the toss and elects to receive.
- Drew Brees then throws his 400th touchdown on a long crazy pass play to C.J. Spiller
- SAINTS WIN! SAINTS WIN!
|NEW ORLEANS SAINTS|
Right now I need a drink. Hahaha, I need many!!!
We will have more coverage of this game all week.