- The Saints started with the ball, but on 3rd and 5, Brees overthrows a wide open Brandin Cooks
- The Giants then drive from their 40-yard line and end their drive with a touchdown pass on 4th and goal to Odell Beckham Jr.
- Giants lead 7-0.
- The Saints then drive from their 20-yard line
- Brees throws a beautiful seam pass to tight end Ben Watson for a 27-yard into Giants territory
- Two plays later, the Saints score on a flea-flicker, Brees hits Snead for six!
- Game tied at 7
- On the ensuing Giants' drive, the Saints defense rises to the challenge and forces the Giants to a 3-and-out.
- Saints are pinned down at their 4-yard line, but Brees hits Watson with a 36-yard pass
- A few plays later, Brees hits Brandin Cooks on a quick slant for a TD
- Saints lead 14-7
- The Giants start their next drive at their 21-yard line and get deep into Saints' territory
- With the Giants at the Saints' one-yard line, the quarter comes to an end.
- The Giants, aided by a penalty from Brandon Browner, throw another touchdown pass to Odell Beckham Jr.
- Game tied at 14
- Saints start their next drive to around their 20-yard line.
- Brees hits Brandon Coleman for a big first down catch
- Two plays later, the Giants secondary loses Colston in coverage for a 54 yards touchdown
- Saints lead 21-14
- The Giants go three-and-out and the Saints get the ball in great position at their 40-yard line
- A holding penalty drives the Saints back to their 30-yard line
- The Saints get out of the 20-yard hole with a great pass to Ben Watson
- Saints drive all the way down to the Giants' one-yard line
- On 3rd and goal from the Giants' 2-yard line, Brees throws a touchdown pass to Willie Snead
- Saints lead 28-14
- The Giants start their drive at their 20-yard line with 1:46 left in the half
- Saints aid the Giant with a couple of penalties by Browner and Kikaha
- Giants score a touchdown with a pass from Eli Manning to Shane Vereen
- Saints lead 28-21
- The Giants start their drive in good field position near their 40-yard line
- After a few first downs, Manning throws a bomb to Odell Beckham Jr. for a touchdown
- Game is tied a 28
- Saints start at their 20-yard line
- Driving down into the Giants' redzone, Saints get the running game going with Ingram
- Brees finds Cooks for his second touchdown reception of the season.
- Saints lead 35-28
- Giants kickoff return game gives New York a good field position again past their 40-yard line.
- Giants get a few first downs, but Saints force a fumble by Jairus Byrd and take over in Giants' territory
- Saints do nothing with their opportunity as Brees throws a pick to Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.
- Giants start at their own seven yard line and get into Saints' territory.
- Saints eventually stop the Giants near midfield and force a punt
- Saints start at their 20-yard line and use a good mix of pass and run
- Brees throws his sixth touchdown of the day with a pass to Ben Watson.
- Saints lead 42-28
- The Giants start at their 20-yard line and gain two first downs as the game goes into the 4th quarter
- The Giants move into Saints' territory, once again aided by a Browner pass interference penalty.
- Saints sack Manning and recover his fumble, but again a penalty gives the ball back to New York
- Giants get all to way to the Saints' 9-yard line
- Giants find the endzone on 4th down on a desperation heave by Manning.
- Giants cut the Saints lead to seven, 42-35
- New Orleans gets the ball at their 20-yard line
- Saints get cute and attempt a reverse play that loses yards
- Saints go three-and-out
- The Giants go for a 38-yard pass to Odell Beckham on first down
- In all of three plays, the Giants score a touchdown
- Game is tied (once again). 42-42
- Saints start at their 20-yard line
- On the first play of the drive, Brees hits Brandin Cooks for a 21-yard pass
- Saints once again, use a good mix of pass an run and get into Giants' territory
- Brees then hits Willie Snead for a completion, Snead fumbles and the Giants return it for a TD
- New York leads 49-42
- Saints drive starts at their 20-yard line
- Three plays later, New Orleans faces a 4th and inches at their own 30-yard line
- Ingram gets the fourth down conversion and the Saints' drive continues
- Saints get into Giants' territory
- New Orleans drives to the Giants' 11-yard line right after the 2-minute warning
- Brees finds C.J. Spiller for a touchdown
- Saints tie the game at 49
- Giants get the ball with 36 seconds left
- Giants go three-and-out and are forced to punt with 20 seconds left
- Marcus Murphy returns the ball past midfield, fumbles and Willie Snead recovers the ball
- Referees call a facemask penalty on Giants' punter Brad Wing
- The penalty moves the ball to the Giants' 32-yard line
- Saints line up to kick a 50-yard field goal with 5 seconds left in the game
- Jedi Master Kai Forbath uses the Force and kicks the Saints to 52-49 victory
- New Orleans is 4-4, just like we all saw it coming...right???
- We'll have more reactions to this game all week long.
|NEW YORK GIANTS|
|O. Beckham Jr.||8||130||16.2||3|
|NEW ORLEANS SAINTS|