Hey, Saints fans! Welcome back to the Gifs from the Game series where we look at notable and interesting clips from Saints games. This week, the Saints took on Famous Jameis and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the Dome.
For all of the errors made on either side of the ball (and there were many), the defense played pretty awesomely. Brees unfortunately put up some real stinkers after taking that shoulder shot in the 2nd quarter. Between kicker Zach Hocker missing a PAT and a FG, and an untimely and frankly confusing fumble from Mark Ingram, the Saints appeared determined to squander their chance at ending a dreadful 6 game home losing streak.
In this installation, we have a bunch of Snead, Browner diving or something odd at his receiver, Strief getting bucked onto his tuckus, Kikaha continuing to be a stripper (of footballs, that is), Anthony looking solid, Brees throwing some end over end balls, Kenny Phillips laying the wood and much, much more.
As always, let the page load and gifs might need a couple repeats to get up to speed. Enjoy!
1. Brees hits the rook Coleman for a solid gain
2. Clifford Spiller Jr. making his Saints debut
3. OLB Kasim Edebali swats Winston's pass
4. A frustrating, clown car of a sack
//But a sack no less
5. Best Saints Willie since Willie Jackson
6. Kenny Phillips laying the WOOD
7. More wood being lain upon thine Bucs receivers
//This time on Austin Seferian-Jenkins
8. We're seeing several Stephone Anthony plays like this every game
9. Post hit, Brees throws what looks like a squib kick
10. But then he hits Colston across the middle
11. And then he hits ol' reliable again
12. Ingram bests a stingy Bucs defensive front
//And we all shrieked with joy
13. Here's the other Anthony play
//Nasty how he reads, sheds the block, and finishes
14. Winston dined on crab legs in this eternal pocket
//And then Browner hilariously torpedoes himself at Louis Murphy
16. Brees throws a grotesque wobbler
//To Chris friggin Conte of all people
17. KRob is completely unfazed
18. Colston with another nice first down
19. Snead gets the ball poked out. Turnover.
//That's a bad Snead
20. Kikaha will have 16 forced fumbles this year
//Despite the Saints final record
21. Another fumbled forced by the Saints D
//Cam Jordan recovers
22. Snead with the redemption TD
23. Breaux with nice coverage on Mike Evans
//Evans had 0 receptions on 3 targets. Small sample size, but that's shutdown, Breaux
24. Cam Jordan sack
25. Zach Strief gets pwnd
26. Cooks showing off his A. Brown skills
//No 300-style face kick this time, though