It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK - you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though... now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, some of the Canal Street Chronicles writers were asked to share with me a bold prediction for the Week 6 of the regular season for the New Orleans Saints: at home vs the defending NFC Champion Carolina Panthers. This is their chance to look brilliant!
Here are a few of the bold predictions provided by some of the contributors at Canal Street Chronicles:
- Cam Newton’s Rough Return - Saints defense sacks Cam Newton three times on the day.
- Fleener the better TE - Coby Fleener has more receptions than Greg Olsen.
- Anthony’s Back - LB Stephone Anthony plays more than five snaps in the game.
- O-Line Gets Stronger - Terron Armstead starts and makes his return from injury.
- An Unlikely Pick - Saints DE Paul Kruger gets an interception.
Here are my three bold predictions for the game:
- The New Orleans Saints combine as a team to out-rush the Panthers (more team rushing yards).
- Cam Newton is held to under 200 passing yards.
- Drew Brees is not sacked the entire game.
John Hendrix’s B(a)ld Prediction
For those of you who weren’t here last week, Canal Street Chronicles’ Managing Editor John Hendrix will make a not-so-bold prediction. If he’s wrong, he will shave his head bald. Each week, I will force him to make a bald prediction, and will make it tougher on him as the season goes. It’s Week 6 against the Panthers, so this prediction might actually plan out:
So remember: if it the Saints defense is able to have a big game reminiscent or the Giants game a couple weeks ago, John will shave his head bald - so be looking out!
Make sure you share with us your bold predictions in the comments!