It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK - you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though... now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, some of the Canal Street Chronicles writers were asked to share with me a bold prediction for the Week 7 of the regular season for the New Orleans Saints: on the road versus the tough AFC East Kansas City Chiefs. This is their chance to look brilliant!
Here are a few of the bold predictions provided by some of the contributors at Canal Street Chronicles:
- Brees for Naught - Brees passes for over 400 yards, but the Saints still lose.
- Never Happens on the Road - Saints offense puts up 35 points.
- Our #1 Better Than Their #2 - Mark Ingram has more scrimmage yards than Jamaal Charles.
- Dream On - Saints get no defensive pass interference calls against them.
Here are my three bold predictions for the game:
- Terron Armstead returns.
- Saints lose turnover battle but win the game.
- Chiefs are held to under 80 rushing yards.
John Hendrix’s B(a)ld Prediction
For those of you who weren’t here last week, Canal Street Chronicles’ Managing Editor John Hendrix will make a not-so-bold prediction. If he’s wrong, he will shave his head bald. Each week, I will force him to make a bald prediction, and will make it tougher on him as the season goes. It’s Week 7 against the Chiefs, so this prediction might actually plan out:
So there you go. The Chiefs’s top two pass-rushers are probably going to the miss the game so maybe the Saints are able to log a sack or two more than the Chiefs. Typically, the Saints have a hard time putting up points on the road, but the Saints were able to put up 35 on the road against another AFC East team, the San Diego Chargers, just three weeks ago.