It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK - you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though... now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, some of the Canal Street Chronicles writers were asked to share with me a bold prediction for the Week 8 of the regular season for the New Orleans Saints: on the road versus the “Legion of Boom” Seattle Seahawks. This is their chance to look brilliant!
Here are a few of the bold predictions provided by some of the contributors at Canal Street Chronicles:
- Ingram Breakout - Mark Ingram redeems his late fumble last week and has 100+ rushing yards and two TDs.
- The Rook Continues to Impress - WR Michael Thomas gets two receiving TDs.
- Doubling Our Season Total - Saints defense records two picks in the game.
- Boldest of Bold - Game ends in another tie for the Seahawks.
Here are my three bold predictions for the game:
- No Saints receiver has over 80 receiving yards.
- Saints lose 0 turnovers in the game.
- Stephone Anthony gets 3+ tackles.
John Hendrix’s B(a)ld Prediction
For those of you who weren’t here last week, Canal Street Chronicles’ Managing Editor John Hendrix will make a not-so-bold prediction. If he’s wrong, he will shave his head bald. Each week, I will force him to make a bald prediction, and will make it tougher on him as the season goes. It’s Week 8 against the Seahawks, so this prediction might actually plan out:
So there you go. Now you really need to be cheering for the Saints to play spoiler to Jimmy Graham’s homecoming.