All NFL clubs are required to get down from 90 to 75 players on Tuesday prior to a 4:00 p.m. EST deadline. While many teams have already given us some transactions, the New Orleans Saints moves will start rolling in. here's a look at who's out of the picture for the black and gold thus far.
- Sione Houma, FB (per Nick Underhill) - Houma was in contention with Austin Johnson to start camp, but an injury forced the Saints to go to veteran John Kuhn.
- Jared Dangerfield, WR (per Joel Erickson) - An undrafted rookie free agent from Western Kentucky, Dangerfield was never able to shine during preseason.
Jeff Schoettmer, LB (per Joel Erickson) - The Saints linebacker corps is set, and Schoettmer was a long shot for the final roster.Contrary to yesterday's report, WWL's Kristian Garic is reporting that Schoetmmer has not been released, and will play on Thursday against the Ravens.
- Cyril Lemon, OG (per Josh Katzenstein) - Lemon has a great back story, and is only 23. He could be one to watch for the team's practice squad.
- Dillon Lee, LB (per Joel Erickson) - He was a good special teams player, but like Schoettmer, his fate was sealed with the other linebackers playing well.
- Reggie Bell, WR (per Nick Underhill) - Bell didn't do much in camp and preseason, so that's what happens.
- Jamal Golden, DB (per Joel Erickson) - Golden was brought in on August 3. He was primarily known for being a special teams guy.
- Chris Highland, LS (per Nick Underhill) - The Saints have Justin Drescher as their guy, and undrafted rookie Garrett Griffin has a lot more intrigue to him.
- Jimmy Pruitt, DB (per Kristian Garic) - Waived/Injured, suffered a torn patellar tendon in Friday's preseason game against the Pittsburgh Steelers. I really liked him as an underrated roster guy, and would have even thought he could make the practice squad. Perhaps he'll get back on.
- Kaleb Eulls, OL (per Nick Underhill) - After serving on the defensive line in 2015, Eulls was converted to an offensive lineman. Unfortunately, it didn't work out.
- Matt Shaughnessy, DE (per Nick Underhill) - He was a veteran pass rusher brought in at the beginning of August after being on the team's radar since last year, but clearly didn't make enough of an impression to stick with the team.
- R.J. Harris, WR (per Kristian Garic) - At one point, it was widely thought that Harris would threaten for a starting spot on the roster. With the emergence of Tommylee Lewis, Harris became expendable. This is likely a good sign for Brandon Coleman.
- RaShaun Allen, TE (per Nick Underhill) - Allen didn't help his cause when he failed to secure a sure touchdown against the Houston Texans, and had a few other plays that led to his undoing.
- Brandon Dixon, CB (per Nick Underhill) - As the twin brother to Brian, Brandon didn't have a lot of realistic expectations for the roster, and his brother outplayed him.
- Tony Steward, DL (per Nick Underhill) - Waived/Injured, not much out of Steward would have warranted a final roster spot.
- C.J. Wilson, DL (per NFL Waiver Wire) - Not a surprising veteran cut, and clearly the Saints will look elsewhere for solving their defensive line issues.