It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK - you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though... now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, some of the Canal Street Chronicles writers were asked to share with me a bold prediction for the third game of the regular season for the New Orleans Saints: at home, on Monday Night Football, against the Atlanta Falcons. This is their chance to look brilliant!
Here are a few of the bold predictions provided by some of the contributors at Canal Street Chronicles:
- Cadet’s Hands - No drops for Travaris Cadet in the entire game.
- Lutz’s Perfect Day - K Will Lutz makes all FGs and XPs.
- Coming Out Healthy - The New Orleans Saints leave the game with no additional injuries.
Here are my three bold predictions for the game:
- LB Nate Stupar creates a turnover against his old team.
- Colby Fleener records his first receiving touchdown on the season, and it accounts for the first Saints touchdown of the game.
- RB Mark Ingram has his first 100 yard rushing game of the season.
John Hendrix’s B(a)ld Prediction
For those of you who weren’t here last week, Canal Street Chronicles’ Managing Editor John Hendrix will make a not-so-bold prediction. If he’s wrong, he will shave his head bald. Each week, I will force him to make a bald prediction, and will make it tougher on him as the season goes. It’s Week 3 against the Falcons, so this prediction has a theme:
In honor of Saints great Steve Gleason, John predicting that somehow, ten years after Gleason blocked the Falcons punt in the Superdome on Monday Night Football (which was returned for a touchdown), the Saints will again block a punt and return it for a touchdown. Remember: if it happens, John will shave his head bald - so be looking out!
Hey Falcons.... #neverpunt
Make sure you share with us your bold predictions in the comments!