It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK - you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though... now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, some of the Canal Street Chronicles writers were asked to share with me a bold prediction for the first game of the regular season for the New Orleans Saints: at home versus the Oakland Raiders. This is their chance to look brilliant!
Here are a few of the bold predictions provided by some of the contributors at Canal Street Chronicles:
- Michael Thomas's big day. Mike Thomas has 6 catches, over 100 yards and a receiving TD. 3 of the 6 catches move the chains. One catch will be at least 40 yards.
- Brandon Coleman's bad day. Brandon Coleman drops a sure 1st down on a critical third and long. Or is that not bold enough?
- No love for Coleman. Brandon Coleman will fumble the ball. Murphy, too. Fleener gets 2 TDs.
- Brandin > Brandon. Brandin Cooks gets 2 TDs and has 150 receiving yards.
- Yep. That's bold. Saints defense scores the first touchdown for the New Orleans Saints.
Here are my three bold predictions for the game:
- Paul Kruger finishes the game with as many sacks as Khalil Mack. That means either the Kruger has a big day, or the Saints offensive line is able to contain Mack. Either way, definitely bold.
- Amari Cooper is not the Raiders leader in reception yards for the game. The Carr-Cooper connection is undoubtedly the best on the team, but I actually see Michael Crabtree to be the receiver who gives the Saints D fits.
- The New Orleans Saints win the game. Maybe it's not super bold, but many expect the Raiders to sneak out a win in the Dome.
John Hendrix’s B(a)ld Prediction
This is the start of a new weekly event. John Hendrix, Managing Editor of Canal Street Chronicles, will make insanely bold and unlikely prediction. However, if it occurs, he will shave his head bald.
Bold Prediction: 1st #Saints TD of 2016 will come from the defense. I’ve also said if it’s Jairus Byrd, I’ll shave my head. @SaintsCSC— John Hendrix (@JohnJHendrix) September 8, 2016
So, if you’re really looking for something special to happen during the Saints/Raiders game, start cheering for a Jairus Byrd Pick-6.
Make sure you share with us your bold predictions in the comments!