It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK - you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though... now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, some of the Canal Street Chronicles writers were asked to share with me a bold prediction or two for the Week 7 of the regular season for the New Orleans Saints: facing the Green Bay Packers in Lambeau (without Aaron Rodgers). This is their chance to look brilliant!
Here are a few of the bold predictions provided by some of the contributors at Canal Street Chronicles:
- It’s About Time - Mike Thomas has his first 100 yard game. (Sig)
- Special Special Teams - Saints block a punt. (Adam)
- Breeze Bounce Back - Drew Brees has his first 400-yard game of the season and has at least 3 TDs with no picks. (Hendrix)
- Need for Snead - Willie Snead catches his first TD of the season. (Adam)
- Saints Run Hard - Saints run for 200+ yards again. (Sig)
- More of the Same - Cam Jordan records 3 sacks in the game. (Adam)
Here are my three bold predictions for the game:
- The Saints defense records more interceptions than passing touchdowns they give up.
- Saints successfully use a trick play (i.e. flea-flicker, double-reverse, or option pass) on offense.
- Alvin Kamara leads the game in all-purpose yards.
So there are some of our bold predictions for the game. What are yours?