It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK - you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though... now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, some of the Canal Street Chronicles writers were asked to share with me a bold prediction or two for the Week 8 of the regular season for the New Orleans Saints: returning home to the Dome to face the Chicago Bears. This is their chance to look brilliant!
Here are a few of the bold predictions provided by some of the contributors at Canal Street Chronicles:
- Defense Puts in Work - Saints defense records its second shutout of the year. (Sig)
- That’s Not Bold - Bears’ streak of a TD on their first drive comes to an end. (Hendrix)
- First of the Season - Ted Ginn Jr returns a punt for a TD for the Saints. (Bob)
- First of his Career - Brandon Coleman gets his first 100-yard receiving game of his career. (Hendrix)
- I Ain’t Scared of no Ghost - Akeim Hicks doesn’t record a single tackle in the game. (Sig)
- No Thomas, No Problem - Coby Fleener also gets over the 100-yard receiving mark for the game. (Sig)
Here are my three bold predictions for the game:
- Drew Brees passes for a season-high in single-game yards.
- Mark Ingram out-rushes the entire Bears team.
- The Saints start a new streak of games without a turnover, beginning in Week 8.
So there are some of our bold predictions for the game. What are yours?