Spoiler alert: The Saints didn’t make any trades today, but there were some really good ones across the league.
The NFL’s trading deadline is set for 3:00 p.m. CT, and we’ve already had a few deals made that have sent fans into hysteria. For the New Orleans Saints, they’ve already executed a couple of trades during the season, sending former 2015 first-rounder Stephone Anthony to the Dolphins for a 2018 fifth-round pick and Adrian Peterson to the Cardinals for a 2018 conditional sixth-round pick.
On Monday, the league saw the Texans trade Duane Brown to the Seahawks and the Patriots trade away Jimmy Garoppolo to the 49ers. We learned of the Dolphins trading Jay Ajayi to the Eagles for a 4th Round pick early.
Could something happen for the Saints? Nah. Here’s a look at the rumors floating around for the black and gold and potential targets that might be on the radar.
- [3:14 p.m.] It’s not Saints related, well sort of, but the Bills acquired Kelvin Benjamin from the Panthers (source). Saints play the Bills in Week 10.
- [2:28 p.m.] Unless something miraculous happens at the bell, it would appear the Saints are just going to stay put.
- [10:02 a.m.] Colts are listening to offers for Donte Moncrief, in addition to Vontae Davis and T.Y. Hilton (source).
- Linebacker Hau’oli Kikaha is the main subject of trade rumors for the Saints, with them reportedly looking to find a suitor. He’s been inactive for the past two games, coincidentally falling in line with the Ian Rapoport report.
- Dolphins are reportedly looking to trade wide receiver Jarvis Landry too. That’d be someone to keep an eye on. 10:00 a.m. update - ESPN’s Josina Anderson says the team told Landry they weren’t going to trade him. Adam Schefter says it’s not happening either.
- USA Today suggested that the Cardinals should look at the Saints as one of three potential suitors for wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, and WWL’s Bobby Hebert talked about a rumor involving the two that had Kikaha and a 5th Round pick for Fitzgerald.
At 5-2, the Saints don’t necessarily have to make any trades. However, someone like Kikaha would be appealing to some teams. With the team getting Delvin Breaux back shortly, perhaps P.J. Williams could offer some value.