Bye weeks have started across the NFL, and there’s eight games on deck for early kickoffs in Week 5. Here’s a look at the matchups, which is not exactly thrilling upon first glance.
- Buffalo Bills (3-1) at Cincinnati Bengals (1-3)
- New York Jets (2-2) at Cleveland Browns (0-4)
- Carolina Panthers (3-1) at Detroit Lions (3-1)
- San Francisco 49ers (0-4) at Indianapolis Colts (1-3)
- Tennessee Titans (2-2) at Miami Dolphins (1-2)
- Los Angeles Chargers (0-4) at New York Giants (0-4)
- Arizona Cardinals (2-2) at Philadelphia Eagles (3-1)
- Jacksonville Jaguars (2-2) at Pittsburgh Steelers (3-1)
The best bout of these early games is arguably the Panthers visiting the Lions. The Saints will get a preview of their upcoming Week 6 opponent (Lions) while they’re off this Sunday, and it’ll be interesting to see how Cam Newton performs after a controversial week. The Steelers-Jaguars could be an underrated matchup, and the same could be said for the Cardinals-Eagles.
The Dolphins make their home debut (yes, that’s right) when they host the Titans, and someone has to get their first victory between the Chargers and Giants.
What are you watching for in the early kickoffs?