It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK - you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though... now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, some of the Canal Street Chronicles writers were asked to share with me a bold prediction or two for the Week 9 of the regular season for the New Orleans Saints: their first divisional matchup against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. This is their chance to look brilliant!
Here are a few of the bold predictions provided by some of the contributors at Canal Street Chronicles:
- He’s Alive - Coby Fleener catches a TD. (Adam)
- Sophomore Sacks - Sheldon Rankins gets two sacks. (Christian)
- You Stole My Prediction - Mark Ingram rushes for 150 yards and two TDs. (Hendrix)
- Lattimore Lockdown - Marshon Lattimore gets two picks. (Adam)
- Big Day for Brees - Drew Brees throws for 4 TDs. (Sig)
- Double Pick - Ingram sets a single-game career best rushing yards record. (Sig & Hendrix)
- We’ve Been Waiting - Michael Thomas has over 125 receiving yards. (Christian)
- Best Yet - Saints defense gives up 10 or fewer points on way to the biggest margin of victory for the Saints this season. (Adam)
Here are my three bold predictions for the game:
- The Saints don’t lose a single turnover.
- The Saints don’t give up a single sack.
- The Saints defense doesn’t give up a single play of over 40 yards.
So there are some of our bold predictions for the game. What are yours?