With the 28th overall pick in the 2017 CSC community mock draft, the Dallas Cowboys select....
Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida (6-foot-1, 211-pounds)
The Cowboys saw several cornerbacks drafted in front of them in the community mock with Conley, King, and Humphrey all going in a row from 24th-26th. That’s not great news for them, as they desperately need secondary help after turning in the 26th ranked pass defense in 2016. Ultimately, their poor secondary play led to an early exit in the playoffs, courtesy of Aaron Rodgers.
With Morris Claiborne and Brandon Carr out of the picture, they certainly need at least one cornerback with Orlando Scandrick and new free agency pickup Nolan Carroll. Both turned 30 in 2017, and Florida’s Quincy Wilson would be a very welcomed addition in the secondary for Dallas.
Wilson is one player one of our writers profiled not that long ago, and my thoughts echo a lot of what Bob Rose said:
He is a much better man-to-man player than in zone, where he sometimes gets lost or struggles to find his man. Nevertheless, Wilson has terrific anticipation and a strong break on the ball once thrown. He has shown some vulnerability on inside and post routes, but his anticipation and long reach allows him to often undercut those patterns to make plays. Wilson's size, athleticism, and play recognition cause many to believe that he could also transition to safety.
With the addition of the Florida corner, the Cowboys could keep using Scandrick in the slot and kick Wilson and Carroll on the outside.
Do you agree with the Cowboys taking Quincy Wilson?
This poll is closed
Community Mock Draft Results
- Cleveland Browns - Myles Garrett, DE, TAMU
- San Francisco 49ers - Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
- Chicago Bears - Jamal Adams, S, LSU
- Jacksonville Jaguars - O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama
- Tennessee Titans - Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State
- New York Jets - Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson
- Los Angeles Chargers - Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
- Carolina Panthers - Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
- Cincinnati Bengals - Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama
- Buffalo Bills - Tre’Davious White, CB, LSU
- New Orleans Saints - Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
- Cleveland Browns - Mitch Trubisky, QB, UNC
- Arizona Cardinals - Patrick Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech
- Philadelphia Eagles (via Minnesota) - Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
- Indianapolis Colts - Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin
- Baltimore Ravens - Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
- Washington Redskins - Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
- Tennessee Titans (via LA Rams) - John Ross, WR, Washington
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State
- Denver Broncos - David Njoku, TE, Miami
- Detroit Lions - Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
- Miami Dolphins - Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan
- New York Giants - Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama
- Oakland Raiders - Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State
- Houston Texans - Kevin King, CB, Washington
- Seattle Seahawks - Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
- Kansas City Chiefs - Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma
- Dallas Cowboys - Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida