The NFL Draft is rapidly approaching, but can’t get here soon enough. In the meantime, we sit and wait to see what the New Orleans Saints will do in their next plan of attack. Here’s some of the biggest storylines from the past week.
According to NFL Network’s Heath Evans, the New Orleans Saints are expected to meet with veteran free agent running back Adrian Peterson next week. Apparently, it’s not a late April Fool’s joke either.
- Program start: April 17
- OTAs: May 23-25, May 30-31, June 1, June 5-8
- Mandatory Minicamp: June 13-15
McCown, who will turn 36 in July, was set for a base salary of $1.5 million in 2017, but will part with a $250K signing bonus. Perhaps there’s still an outside shot for Garrett Grayson, but it’s entirely way too early to speculate on that. Naturally, the draft could tell us a lot more on the future of the Saints quarterback situation.
Did the Saints’ white jersey get a collar change?
- Chase Daniel‘s contract details - 1-year, $900K base (fully guaranteed), no signing bonus, can earn up to $3 million in incentives.
- The Saints are the favored team for the Richard Sherman sweepstakes, according to Bookmaker.
- NOLA.com’s Larry Holder ‘anticipates Malcolm Butler becoming a New Orleans Saint at some point’.
- Jahri Evans is waiting for the right opportunity and situation to play in 2017.
- Hard Knocks is down to the Buccaneers, Saints, Bears, and Titans.
- B.W. Webb signed with the Chicago Bears and Tim Hightower signed with the San Francisco 49ers on one-year deals.