It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK - you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though... now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, some of the Canal Street Chronicles writers were asked to share with me a bold prediction or two for the Week 1 of the regular season for the New Orleans Saints: on the road versus the Minnesota Vikings for primetime Monday Night Football. This is their chance to look brilliant!
Here are a few of the bold predictions provided by some of the contributors at Canal Street Chronicles:
- “Only” One? - Ted Ginn Jr drops a crucial deep ball in the open field in the 2nd Quarter and isn’t targeted the rest of the game. (Bob)
- Or Maybe Not? - Ted Ginn Jr finishes with 100 yards. (Elias).
- Not Just on Offense - Ted Ginn Jr takes a punt to the house. (Adam)
- Special Teams Play - Saints score on a Punt or Kick Return. (Dave)
- The Rook Impresses - Adrian Peterson scores two touchdowns, but rookie Alvin Kamara outrushes him. (Bob)
- The Rook Impresses Pt 2- Alvin Kamara himself scores two touchdowns. (Dave)
- The Rook Impresses Pt 3- Alvin Kamara himself scores a receiving TD on 9 catches. (Adam)
- Big Day for the D - Saints defense records 5 sacks and 2 interceptions. (Bob)
- Big Day for the D Pt 2 - Saints defense records only 4 sacks, but scores a defensive TD. (Hendrix)
- But What About Fumbles? - Saints defense records 2 interceptions, but also recovers 2 fumbles. (Adam)
- Let’s Get Specific - Alex Anzalone records a pick-6. (Adam)
- I’ll Take It- Brees finishes with less than 250 yards passing, but the Saints still win. (Elias)
Here are my three bold predictions for the game:
- Coby Fleener leads the Saints in reception yards.
- Saints out-sack the Vikings.
- Dalvin Cook leads the game in rushing yards, but Saints outgain the Vikings on the ground.
So there are some of our bold predictions for the game. What are yours?