It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK - you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though... now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, some of the Canal Street Chronicles writers were asked to share with me a bold prediction or two for the Week 2 of the regular season for the New Orleans Saints: making their debut in the Dome versus the defending Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots. This is their chance to look brilliant!
Here are a few of the bold predictions provided by some of the contributors at Canal Street Chronicles:
- Brees Goes Off - Drew Brees passes for 425 yards. (Hendrix)
- Thomas Bounces Back - Michael Thomas finishes with 155 yards and 2 TDs. (Bob)
- Strong on Offense - The Saints put up 550 yards of total offense against the Patriots defense. (Hendrix)
- 2nd Year Step Up - Sheldon Rankins gets two sacks on Tom Brady. (Bob)
- Unspectacular Return - Brandin Cooks is kept under 100 receiving yards. (Sigler)
- How’s That For Bold? - The Saints win. (Dave)
Here are my three bold predictions for the game:
- Ted Ginn Jr finishes with more total yards than Brandin Cooks.
- Coby Fleener finishes with more receiving yards than Rob Gronkowski.
- And even with both of the above, Tom Brady still finishes with more passing yards than Drew Brees.
So there are some of our bold predictions for the game. What are yours?